- When looking for talent, avoid any potential issues with entertainers located on the other side of the country. It’s essential to communicate with potential entertainers beyond just email – have a phone conversation and prepare a list of questions to ask. By listening to their answers, you’ll better understand whether they’re the right fit for your event and how they’ll work with you during the planning stages and interact with your guests during their performance.
- It’s best to book an entertainer in advance. The top performers fill up their schedules months before the event. To avoid disappointment, plan your event earlier than later. By starting your search early, you increase the chances of finding the perfect entertainer and reduce the chances of compromises.
- When searching for the perfect entertainer, comparing options from multiple sources is essential. As you gather quotes, make sure to have the specific details of your event, such as date, time, and location, readily available. Additionally, it’s essential to inquire about the entertainer’s cancellation policy, the number of attendees covered by their fee, any special performances or talents tailored to your audience, and a detailed description of their show, including how they open and close their act.
- When hiring an entertainer, it’s important to inquire about any additional fees that may apply. Many entertainers charge for travel expenses, so make sure to find out what is included in their cost and what is not. Additionally, be aware that there may be additional charges for equipment such as sound, lights, curtains, and stage risers. While the entertainer may provide these items for a nominal fee, consider the importance of adequate sound, lighting, and stage risers for ensuring quality performance. These elements are necessary for your guests to be able to see or hear the entertainer, making your investment a good use.
- Secure a Written Agreement—Errors and confusion can arise. Securing an email or written agreement that details the entertainer’s services’ date, time, duration, and cost will safeguard you against any misconceptions. It will guarantee that both parties are held accountable to the agreed-upon terms.
- Inquire about any specific needs or preparations required to enhance the entertainer’s performance for your guests. Determine if any particular space, height, or safety requirements should be met to avoid any disruptions to the rest of your party preparations. By addressing logistics beforehand, you and the entertainer can focus on hosting your guests and enjoying the event rather than scrambling on the day of.
- Consider More Than Just Cost—The cheapest option for entertainment is not always the best value. While it’s important to set a budget, also consider these factors:
- How willing and enthusiastic is the entertainer to be a successful part of your party or event? Please pay attention to their attitude, the amount of information they’re ready to provide, and their flexibility to accommodate your wishes.
- Does the entertainer customize their performance to suit your event? A talented performer will work with you to personalize their performance to complement your event best. Ask if they use audience participation and, if so, how they involve them.
- Does the entertainer provide the range of talents that you are looking for? Can this entertainer grab and hold the attention of your particular audience? Does this entertainer have any memberships or qualifications they can provide you with?
Magical Balloon-dude Dale (708)744-0234