mbd2.com Forum Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > New Entertaining Products > Balloon Bags, Clothing, Pumps - Balloon Accessories
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   StoreStore  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery  Register Register  Login Login

Business Cards and Advertising

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mr.Balloonatic View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
09-12

Quote Mr.Balloonatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Business Cards and Advertising
    Posted: 24 January 2005 at 7:10am
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a company that do good quality business card printing?

Also some of the US entertainers have little round wooden chips for advertising, does anyone know who produces these?

Thanks,

Michael A.
twinkles View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Quote twinkles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2005 at 7:26am

Here's the thread on cards and a few suppliers.  I haven't seen the wooden chips... but I'd check with your local printer.... if they can't do it, they should be able to send you in the right direction. 

http://www.mbd2.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=857&KW=bus iness+card

Subscriber
Subscriber
09-12

Quote Mr.Balloonatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2005 at 8:33am
Thanks for the link twinkles,

I've been through this thread already, but it didn't really help with regards to the wooden chips .........

thanks again,

Michael
Anne View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
12-07*

Quote Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2005 at 8:45am

there is a company called vistaprint found at http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/vp/ns/default.aspx?GP=1%2F24%2F2 005+9%3A50%3A42+AM  ( this is the UK site but they have a link to other countries!)

I have not used them myself but have heard alot of good things about them from Facepainters. If you ar happy to use their templates & have their name on the back of the cards the are FREE! if you want to upload your own design they are very reasonable too.

Anne

Subscriber
Subscriber
09-12

Quote Mr.Balloonatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2005 at 9:31am
Thanks Anne,

The company I used to work for, two years ago, used to insist we used these cards, I got more calls from people wanting to order business cards from me than I did from people who wanted to book gigs.

but thanks again

Michael
kens View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
01-09*

Quote kens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2005 at 12:12pm

I can't say much about the wooden chips, but I can give some good Kudos for vistaprint.com. I have made custom cards there and they turned out well. Sign up for their mailing list and they often send out specials.

You might also call a few local printers for the cards. Lately I have seen a few printers who do "gang runs" of thousands of cards and group your orders with them. They can be as low as $99 for 5000 cards in color.

Ken

Oliver Twist View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

Quote Oliver Twist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 3:39am
Hi Michael,

If by wooden chips you mean "Wooden Nickels" here is a link to a web site that will point you to both, a company that makes custom designed wooden nickels, and a wooden nickel museum. Sorry, I can't give you a personal recommendation, I haven't purchased anything from them.
http://www.wooden-nickel.org/

..with my two woody cents... redwood actually....
and worth every bit of it....   knot!!
~~ Oliver Twist ~~
bobbyd View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

Quote bobbyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 5:16pm
Speaking of business cards.
 create and print them yourself online, they have an memberships or fees. you can use your own photo/logo, backgriounds, colors and fonts. smiley1smiley10http://bizcardcreator.comsmiley20
bco1975 View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
11-08*

Quote bco1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2007 at 10:30am
Brandon a.k.a "Jolly Well"
"Clowns and Elephants are the pegs on which the circus is hung" - P.T. Barnum
SmartyPants View Drop Down
09-07**

Quote SmartyPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2007 at 1:26pm
Gotprint.com is my source for business cards. They are fast, professional and inexpensive. I generally would not recommend Vistaprint- they require you have the company's name and website on your cards (that's why they're free) and to me, it looks very unprofessional.    The cost of business cards is so low (I think I pay less than $100 for a few thousand) that I'd prefer to have great looking ones that properly represent me.   Your business card is you!
kens View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
01-09*

Quote kens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2007 at 1:56pm
Smarty-

I could not agree more- your Buiness card is you.

As for Vistaprint, just so everyone knows, they do not only do the free cards. I would NEVER give out a card like that myself. They do, however, do a noce job  for a good price on the paid for cards as well.

Ken
09-07**

Quote SmartyPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2007 at 4:19pm
I may stand corrected - VistaPrint may do regular cards, but I would never hand out their "free" ones that contain VistaPrint's info printed on the card.   Most people know Vista Print to be a "cheapie freebie" printer of cards, and it lends an unfavorable light on you and your business to be giving them out.   You can get quality business cards for about $50 - a very, very small price to pay for representing yourself as a quality pro with quality cards. 
kens View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
01-09*

Quote kens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2007 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by SmartyPants

- a very, very small price to pay for representing yourself as a quality pro with quality cards. 

I could not agree more- your name is obviously not an accident!Smile

Ken
mandy View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
03-12p

Quote mandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2007 at 7:54pm
I used 4 print and design in brighton. they are very reasonable and they did my cards both sides.
mandy
balloonpastor View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
02-08

Quote balloonpastor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 7:16am
I'm also a GotPrint.com person. I use them for my business cards and some postcards. I especially like the rounded corners look and feel of the cards. If I just want to send a postcard every once in a while to individual clients, I use amazingmail.com.
dave@topnozzle.com

If you're ever in Middle PA, let me know and we can JAM!!
chestnutyouth View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
06-07*

Quote chestnutyouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 12:03pm
for reference gotprint.com's best deal is 5000 if you go up you actually pay more per card.  They also have other great deals on postcards and such.  I paid $90 or so for 5000 business cards color front and back.
St. Louis Balloon Twister,

Jason Vaughn

http://HigherHopeBalloons.com
YourBalloonMan View Drop Down
01-09

Quote YourBalloonMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2007 at 3:01am
Where ever you decide to get cards, nickels, or anything else made... be sure to get a custom quote.

I have been ballooning for a while and the last order I made for business cards was for 10,000. Needless to say, I got a really great deal. It makes me feel a whole lot better about handing them out. I give them out like candy...

Mom gets one, each of the kids (with special instructions to keep it for their b-day), and anyone who recognizes me on the street gets an autographed one! ;-)

YourBalloonMan,
Mr. Fudge

Balloon Animals
Tampa Balloon Guy
skatezoneusa View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

Quote skatezoneusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2007 at 10:56pm
I have a company out of Plantation FL do my cards, postcards ,and rackcards 4\9. The business card price is $50.00 for 5000 full color front and back on 12pt stock. I really liked the quality. The address is www.rushflyers.com  also for vinyl banners and coroplast signs take a look at www.signs365.com   last but not least if you ever need a large quantity 8 color silkscreen shirts look up www.295guys.com they sent me samples and I really liked the quality.  Paul 
graceful View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
06-10

Quote graceful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2007 at 11:17pm
Charis uses vistaprint.ca  (Canada). 

The Free Cards are SO NOT worth it.   It's not good for you to have the vistaprint stuff on the back (makes you look cheap) AND the free ones cost more per card (because you have to pay shipping for the very small amount of cards) than when Charis ordered 5000 full color both sides, laminated on the front. 

Because of the lamination and the full color pictures on both sides, people often comment on how professional her cards are.  They reflect her website as well which gives a bit of 'branding'.   I will definitely keep the cards and website matched for the future.

The pictures of her large twisting stuff on the back always bring 'wow' comments as few of her customers have ever been exposed to that level of twisting.  I have the group here to thank for helping with design - the feedback was fantastic and definitely helped to get a much better looking card.  We'll definitely ask for more feedback from the forum for the next batch's redesign (yup she looks older now) and we'll definitely use vistaprint.ca again.
Faye

http://GracefulBalloonArt.com
kens View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
01-09*

Quote kens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 11:53am
Howdy all and Happy New Year-

While I have successfully used Viatprint for (non- free) business cards in the past, based on  the words of wisdom from Smartypants and others, I toook a look at gotprint.com and wound up placeing an order for postcards, which came out great.  The price was better than vista, the speed and quality were just a s good. In fact, I liked them so much that I just ordered 5000 different postcards for a new project.

Thanks!

Ken
Sunshine Annee View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
01-11

Quote Sunshine Annee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2008 at 12:07pm
I just received my order from gotprint and I'm delighted! I got 1000 for under $25 including shipping. Both sides, color, glossy. I've been printing them out my self but I want to start handing out more and this is actually cheaper then doing it my self.
Paula Moors (formerly Annee)
I'm not weird I'm gifted!
JesterMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
04-07

Quote JesterMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 2:11pm
OK,

I have, in the past, been a proponent of VistaPrint.   Heavy emphasis on the past. I recently placed an order. I received one set of 5000 cards in a timely fashion. The other design/ 5000 cards did not arrive. Thinking that they would likely arrive while at the Master Class, I wasn't too worried about this split order. However, now that it was a full 10 days late from the expected ship date (based upon the higher shipping charge paid), I contacted them. Due to some changes, they were unable to produce the cards, ever. How nice of them to not tell me this weeks ago, say, before they charged my account for the full amount, or even when the completed order was shipped.

I have not had a perfect relationship with this company, but they always came through in the end. This time, the BEST that they were willing to do was to redo the cards, making the change needed for them to be able to print them, and start over. At the least, they should have offered to remove the shipping charges (that are based upon a long past delivery time frame). Instead, they got to refund the amount charged, and have created another customer for one of the other companies mentioned above.

Quite a contrast from the stellar customer service received from my logo wear company.
"destined to take the place of the MudShark in your mythology..." FZ

www.JesterMan.com
www.AArdvarkEntertainers.com
09-07**

Quote SmartyPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 5:26pm
Here's another quick one - I had to make up some simple B&W coloring sheets for my restaurant kids night.   Kinkos was my old go-to spot until they raised the price of their b&W copies to a ridiculous 10 cents each.  It adds up!

Staples has a new online printing forum where you can upload your files to be printed and pick them up at the closest Staples to you. The price is 6 cents each.  As a bonus, Staples is one of the easiest companies to get a company-credit card so you can start building your "company credit" using their business issued card for these printing costs.
Rosebud View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

01-09

Quote Rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 10:15pm
Just a caution on Vistaprint.  We've placed several orders with them, January being the last time.  I noticed a fee ($14-15) that they charged...then again in Feb.  After contacting the company they said there was a default sign up that was on-line and needed to be cancelled in 30 days to discontinue.  After a phone call  they have refunded the money, but I know that I did not purposely click on any monthly charge program. 

Trist'n Shout's biggest fan...and MOM!
carmen-Charm View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
04-10

Quote carmen-Charm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 11:32pm
Another Kudos to GotPrint.com ...

They have various specials from time to time.
Sometimes even super cheaper than the typical low prices they already offer.

In regards to Coloring Pages. I order those with GP too, cause I get
the outside edges in full color with company contact and logo information
and the bottom with a couple of industry related companies like a
party supply company and a bakery. I give them a portion of my long run
printed coloring sheets. My coloring pages are going out to my parties,
and their party clients too. How sweet is that? I've mention this before some
where on this forum. There is also a link or an image of it too.

Carmen Tellez
Carmen@CharmandHappy.com
C.Tellez
Carmen@CharmandHappy.com
http://www.CharmandHappy.com
877-725-6967
“Charming people live up to the very edge of their charm, and behave as outrageously as the world lets them.” L.Pearsall
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>