We are told if you work hard, good things happen. So what do we do? Dig in and work harder. Days, weeks, and months go by. We are still making no ground. Then reality hits us, and we learn life is a numbers game, and trying to get more Youtube followers is not easy.
How many no’s before I get a yes? How many contacts are required before a customer calls? Is it the third or fourth call that gets a buyer’s attention to return a call? How many times does somebody have to watch a YouTube video before they subscribe?
The last question is the one that frustrated me the most as a YouTube creator. Looking at my YouTube analytics, I see that 68.7% of the people who watch my video are not subscribers? If I use the 80-20 rule or, in this case, the 68.7 to 30.8 rule, I need to focus my energy on making that 30% happy. Numbers! Everything comes down to numbers.
I’m starting to think in 2020, a list of 100,000 subscribers is harder to get than a college degree. After all, I earned my college degree in 4-years with half the effort to try to get 100,000 subscribers. I even say it is easier to lose 100 lbs then get 100,000 subscribers.
Here are some things I’ve learned while trying to get more YouTube 100,000 subscribers.
- It’s a long-term investment, and no one video will get you 100,000 scribers.
- You must continuously be producing videos.
- You have to use multiple social media outlets to advertise your video.
- YouTube can change the rules forcing you to change your marketing.
- Youtube producers with farm animals have a constant source of content.
- At some point, you run out of ideas.
- Those who have a “video team” can do more.
- More creative time is spent “creating the video concept” than shooting the video.
Will I get to 100,000 subscribers? With your help, I can. Now is the time for you to subscribe to my channel and watch an entire video or two.