Trade shows are expensive to begin with, but adding in the unseen extras and you can easily spend 100-200 dollars more than expected. Things that are not in the trade show budget will come out of your personal expenses. So here are some friendly tips to help you reduce those hidden trade show expenses.
1. Meals – If you ask the attendant at the front desk where’s a good place to eat they normally will recommend the hotel restaurant.
2. Water – Hotels now offer bottled water in the room. This is not free a bottle of water!
3. Car Rentals – Unless you plan on doing extensive driving go for the lowest price, sub-compact car the dealer offers. 4. Insurance – Check with your insurance company or major credit card provider to see if your present car insurance covers car rentals.
5. Fuel Charges – When ordering your car from the rental agency, request a full tank of gas and make sure the car returns with a full tank of gas.
6. Save a day on Airport Car Rental – If your event is at a convention center, not located near the airport, than you have to rent a car at the airport — here is a trick to save a one day rental charge.
7. Hotel – If possible stay at the hotel that the conference is located.
8. Shipping – Most hotels will accept packages without a handling charge