FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Don Caldwel - Mad Hats & Wild Weareables Vol. 5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Subscriber
Subscriber
05-09

Online Status: Offline
  Quote benny_pr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Don Caldwel - Mad Hats & Wild Weareables Vol. 5
    Posted: 24 August 2008 at 7:18pm
Well... It's Here....!!!!!!

it keeps up with his style for Vol 1, 2 and 3..... but avoiding the big flop of Volume 4 specially with that infamous dessert section.....

but this volume 5 is great... the main event are the wrist friends..... just like the ones he taught at his last tour....  also a couple of creepy eye hats. and the mustache specifically made for those of you (and me) who don't know what to do with those 321s....

the cute figure is the squirrel.. REALLY NICE..... pure Caldwell...... and a lot of other Caldwellian stuff....

and the creepy xtras.... there's like 1 hour long with 3 hats, they are 'hidden' so look for them....

just get it, enjoy and make more $$$
Benny
787-616-1111
www.BennysBalloonArt.com

Life is what happens to You while you are busy making other plans.
---------------------
No Balloonimals were harmed during the writing of this post
SmartyPants View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
09-07

Quote SmartyPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 10:25pm
ARGGHH!!!! Could someone tell me what and where the Mad Hatz Volume 4 was released?  Benny, are you teasing us with your comments about Vol 4?  Seriously!!!  
benny_pr View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
05-09

Quote benny_pr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 1:44am
come on... would I do that????? besides Don says so himself on volume 5...... would HE do that????

Benny
787-616-1111
www.BennysBalloonArt.com

---------------------
warren View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
09-09

Quote warren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 11:37am
   Where did you get the DVD?  I looked here and I looked at T. Myers.  I did not find it.  T. Myers is out of stock, or it has not yet arrived.
warren
Subscriber
Subscriber
09-07

Quote SmartyPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 12:44pm
I think Don is just devious enough to invent a mythical Volume 4 and then talk about it, just to torment us all. 
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Magical Balloon-dude - Author, book

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 12:56pm
Hmmmm.... Is Benny_pr  Don's new PR director?
Mr.Balloonatic View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
02-09

Quote Mr.Balloonatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 7:13pm
My copy of Volume 4 got lost in the post ... I believe they are going to issue me with a new copie so I will let you know what it is like when I get it ... however Volume 5 arrvied last week and is awesome ... I love his new modular design system ... it is ... how you say ... ir - wrist - sistable ... :P

The material on it is  going back to the fast line work designs with the exception of the 3 secret Hats and the Squirel

Michael A.
Subscriber
Subscriber
09-07

Quote SmartyPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 10:29pm
Hey Ballloonatic, where did you order Volume 4 from?
benny_pr View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
05-09

Quote benny_pr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 1:01am

Balloonatic.... you haven't seen Volume 4?????

you are not missing anything... don't worry... Volume 5 made up for it... big time.. no wonder they pulled it out of the inventory....

now.. Smartypants... you really think Don could do something so evil like that???? even more.. that we, your forum mates, could have so much fun with this hoax???

:-)
Benny
787-616-1111
www.BennysBalloonArt.com

---------------------
Subscriber
Subscriber
09-07

Quote SmartyPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 4:27am
Hey everyone!

I must confess I was sweating for a few days, but I've finally found a website that still has Don's Mad Hatz and Wild Wearables Volume 4 in stock.  It looks like the DVD has a lot of really unusual stuff that's a lot different than what I usually see from Don. I'll post a full review here once I get it in my hands - SP

Graham Lee View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
02-09

Quote Graham Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 5:57am
Volume 4 was very interesting, slightly different to what you come to expect from Don.

Graham Lee
"Let's Improve Our Art"
www.sempertexballoons.co.uk
warren View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
09-09

Quote warren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2008 at 12:09am
   I can assume that some of you people have gotten your copies of Don's new DVD.  Volume 5.  I got it last week and have watched it twice.  I do not think there is much here that I will use.  I think that unless you are very good with a pen that you will not be able to recreate these sculptures.  He seems to use 3 different colors on most designs. 
   The wrist friends that I had heard about were interesting but I think that all he is doing with them is drawing very cute faces on balloons.  He could just as easily draw very cute faces on pieces of paper and hand those to people.
   There were other designs that were so simple I am surprised and disappointed that they made it on to a DVD.
   I found one surprise figure.  It was a werewolf hat and claws.  It takes Don 45 minutes to make it.  Even if it only took 25 minutes at make at full speed that is way to long for the people I twist for.  I am not sure if there are any other surprise figures.
   I am sorry but I was expecting something like the monkey, lady bug, octopus, or mermaid.  There is nothing on this tape that will make it to my next event.
   This DVD does not have to be in many peoples collection.
warren
smile4wandini View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
01-09

Quote smile4wandini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2008 at 5:07pm
Oh, I do not think you found all the hidden extras if you only found the Werewolf Hat!
Which is worth the price of the DVD for that alone!
But there are 3 easter eggs to find!
One Cool and creepy claw hand hat and 2 more Scary Hats All for Halloween!!!
Skull Head/ Bony Hands Hat!!!
Where are they found you ask????????
Check your Titles list in the DVD player menu!
Very useable items on this DVD the wristlets are Great!
I have used the Mustache a trillion times!!!
I say this is a MUST in your Library!!!
smilephoto.com   thegreatwandini.com
...be true to your teeth...and they will never be false to you!
Subscriber
Subscriber
09-07

Quote SmartyPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2008 at 8:45pm
Hmmm,, I haven't gotten the DVD yet, but I'm sure that if it's Don Caldwell, that volume 5 will be at least worth a look.   Sorry Warren that you didn't care for it, but Don's set the bar so high on his past releases, that you may be a little hard on him with this new one.  I'll have to check it out for myself before saying anything definitive about it though. 
warren View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
09-09

Quote warren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2008 at 5:03pm
   Thanks for letting me know about the extra figures.  I had to use a second DVD player to find them.  The first DVD player would not play the last two of the hidden figures.
   After watching this new figures I still feel that My above comments ( 2 post above here) are the way I feel.
warren
Subscriber
Subscriber
09-07

Quote SmartyPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2008 at 1:07pm
Help! I just got Volume 5 but can't find the "hidden Easter Egg" stuff anywhere!  Where's the secret stuff hidden on the DVD???

smile4wandini View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
01-09

Quote smile4wandini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2008 at 1:27pm
Just tried to call you to help you find the special hidden surprises!
I mentioned the place to find them is under the menu titles some people had to try it in a computer others tried to find them on different players hooked to their TV but they are hard to get to until you find them!
I will see ya in a few days at Balloon Manor and will show you then if you have no luck on your end.

Sheree your colorful Twisted friend in Long Island ; )
smilephoto.com   thegreatwandini.com
...be true to your teeth...and they will never be false to you!
Subscriber
Subscriber
09-07

Quote SmartyPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2008 at 2:12pm
Thanks Sheree, found them with your help!  Anyone else need help, give us a shout out!

Post Reply Post Reply