mbd2.com Forum Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Balloon Entertainer's Post & Tips > Balloon Instructions
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   StoreStore  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery  Register Register  Login Login

Hats & Caps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JesterMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
04-07

Quote JesterMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 3:58pm
Einstein's Theory,

Look for information on "weaving". The majority of that hat is woven, with some additional items attached, such as the flower at the top. Be prepared for lots of practice to get it to look nice.

JesterMan

Balloons, Magic, Mayhem & More!

"destined to take the place of the MudShark in your mythology..." FZ

www.JesterMan.com
www.AArdvarkEntertainers.com
twinkles View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Quote twinkles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by E=mc˛

How could I twist this hat? I could not find anything about that.

I think this is what you're looking for.... there are several types of weaves explained/shown here... http://www.balloonhq.com/faq/weave/

TheClassyClown.com      Balloon Sculpting & Entertaining Fantastic Face Painting     Magic   &   More
twinkles View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Quote twinkles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2006 at 1:11am
Hey Fudge....

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind posting how you did this cute star hat..... and how you got those really good edgy points going there! smiley20
Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaase  smiley36smiley8

TheClassyClown.com      Balloon Sculpting & Entertaining Fantastic Face Painting     Magic   &   More
mandy View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
03-12p

Quote mandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 7:44pm
what kind of hat would you do for a soccer fan,the clubs nickname is "the cobblers " as northampton is a boot and shoe making town.
mandy
Vince View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
01-10

Quote Vince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2006 at 10:55am
I would do a hammer hitting a tack.
  - brown base
  - scrap of gray with tulip twist for the tack, put over the forehead
  - hammer, with base of handle attached at the back of the head, so that it was leaning forward quite a bit, as if about to strike the tack.

Probably a couple of well-positioned pinch twists at the back would help set the angle.

I think as the person moved around the hammer would "bob" a bit, too.

Vince
mandy View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
03-12p

Quote mandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2006 at 1:13pm
ive just seen a picture of some very flamboyant hats.they must have used half a dozen or more balloons in an arrangement not unlike basket weave,ending up in a sultan type hat.does anyone know how to make one?Ill try and get the website.
I cant find the site but ive got the pic on my documents,how do i get it on here?
mandy
John_C View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
11-06-

Quote John_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2006 at 11:35am
Mandy,

If you have a picture of the hat you can open it with some photo editing software to resize the photo to a smaller size and save a copy to disk.  You need to get your file size below 25k.  The 2 main tricks to making the file smaller are resizing the image to less height/width in pixels and you can also decrease the quality (usually measured in dots per inch).  Printing a photo you genearlly want a higher dot per inch rating, but for web pages it doesn't need to be as high.  In my copy of Photoshop Elements its called something else, generally just a quality percentage when I'm using the save for web option.

Once your photo file is small enough you can use the insert image button on the forum to upload a picture into your edited message.  Its a square box with a tree, grass and blue sky in the background.

-John Christianson
Bonnie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (USA Arkansas) p

Quote Bonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2006 at 4:19pm
Mandy sent me a pic of the hat she likes and I made one to post here.   Considering we do not know who to credit the hat to, we can't ask them for permission to post the instructions for it here on the forum.   However, I can tell you that I used: 6 yellow 160s, 4 blue 160s, 4 pink 160s, 1 blue 260 helmet for the base and 2 under-inflated orange rounds.

Happy twisting,
Bonnie, The Balloon Lady
www.partypackage.balloonhq.com
www.bebstreasures.artfire.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keep smiling! It makes people wonder what you've been up to. :-)
mandy View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
03-12p

Quote mandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2006 at 12:35am
thats the one,they look really glamorous dont you think?
good for the females and i could colour coordinate with their ballgown using a single colour with silver or gold baubles.
mandy
bdatchley View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
06-07

Quote bdatchley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 8:29pm

At a recent event, that was for mainly adults, I really wanted to catch the right person to make this Carmen Miranda style hat for! I think I succeeded in getting the right person!
Dena a.k.a. The Balloon Lady
mandy View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
03-12p

Quote mandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 1:37pm
i made a gorgeous hat using the weave in Thelma Levetts mermaid.
mandy
Thelma Levett View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

01-10

Quote Thelma Levett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 11:17am

I don't make hats very often but a boy asked me for football hat so I made this one. It was fun to do. These are the other hats I have made up do now.

This hat comes down as a mask too. I did a few different characters like this but I dont tend to make them anymore.
Just realised the time. Will have to post the rest later.
Always happy twisting.
www.smudgyclown.co.uk
Thelma Levett View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

01-10

Quote Thelma Levett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 2:09pm

This is the previous hat pulled down. I don't tend to make it. Two reasons for that. First I don't tend to make hats anyway - I just don't think hats but am going to try to remember to. The other reason is safety. I am not sure about the safety implications of having something over the face such as this.

I was twising with Twistina and made her ballet dancers. I had a party the next day so I put the dancers on a hat and gave it to the birthday girl. Her mum was more thrilled with it than her daughter though. So this is partly thanks to Twistina.
Always happy twisting.
www.smudgyclown.co.uk
dave View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
08-08**

Quote dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 3:16pm
some fantastic hats I've been booked for 19 days at the same place so have made a different hat every day. from the top hat to duck. wanted to see what got the best reaction also make a caterpillar for my shoulder and call it Chip, apart from when I wore my pirate hat and then it was a parrot.
Wish I took photo'ssmiley24.
Bonnie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (USA Arkansas) p

Quote Bonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2007 at 9:37pm
This is my grandson wearing my new squirrel hat while sharing his candy corn with my dog.

Here he is again just after he got the hat clapping and yelling 'Yaaaaaay!".  It's taken almost 8 months of deligent training to get him to understand that balloons never go in the mouth, only on the head.

Bonnie, The Balloon Lady  
www.partypackage.balloonhq.com
www.bebstreasures.artfire.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keep smiling! It makes people wonder what you've been up to. :-)
CharlesDolbel View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
03-10

Quote CharlesDolbel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2008 at 5:16am

I am currently going abstract hat maaaaaaaad after Sharyn told me to look up Addi Somekh on the net.

Sure, you all know of him and have known for years, but I'm all inspired now.  The other good thing is everytime I try to recreate one of his deigns, the design tends to go off on a tangent and somethign completely new (albiet not quite as clean and manicured as Addi's stuff) comes into  being.

It's been years since I've been this inspired by one artist...Is he on the board at all?
Charles Dolbel
Corporate Entertainer

Auckland - New Zealand
http://www.CharlesDolbel.BalloonHQ.com
Willemijn View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
06-09

Quote Willemijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 8:12am
Just playing with the spiral weave Monsieur Sigrid taught on the Millenniumjam.

just a crazy girl surfing a twisted world!
Patrick View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Netherlands)

Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2010 at 4:44am
Spiral Hats

Using up old balloons that've been laying around forever, while making some abstract hats...

A 350 can be spiralled pretty good as well.

Ballonkunstenaar Patrick - innovative balloon designs
- In limitation lies the true chance for creativity -
mandy View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
03-12p

Quote mandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 2:40am
mandy
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Magical Balloon-dude - Author, book

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 9:51am
How times have changed.  The old days we use rubber cement, now were useing fishing line Wink.  You use this design for a volcano hat, with lava shooting out. Im sure this design can be many more things too.

Dale
mandy View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
03-12p

Quote mandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 8:38am
thanks Dale, i had to use fishing line as it was an outdoor hat and the British weather has been blustery so far. I do have some biodegradable fishing line i can use so at least it will be environmentally friendly.
mandy
Punkin View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
02-12

Quote Punkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 6:47pm
Charles.......Addi (the same guy as on the Unpoppables TV Show) has a balloon book called (believe it or not) The Balloon Hat Book. Copyright is 2001........but I was able to purchase mine on Amazon about 4 years ago. It's amazing!
Punkin
A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.....Chuckles the Clown.....the Mary Tyler Moore Show
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345