mbd2.com Forum Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Balloon Entertainer's Post & Tips > Introduce
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   StoreStore  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery  Register Register  Login Login

Hi From Luke the Juggler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lukethejuggler View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Ohio) p

Quote lukethejuggler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi From Luke the Juggler
    Posted: 22 June 2004 at 10:03pm
Hello all,

I consider myself a long time reader of the forum and I often post, but never did do my "intro" posting. So here it is:

I have juggled since I was 15 years old way back in 1973. I started when I saw a juggler on the "Merv Griffin Show" and have not looked back since. In my younger years, I moved to Los Angeles and tried to get on the Merv Griffin show, but never was in the right place at the right time. I did a lot of parties as a juggler and clown and had a lot of fun.

Fast-forward to this century and I was miserably employed at a computer company helpdesk. I hated it there, but didn't leave until they laid me off two years ago in April.

I was dreading the day that the unemployment checks would stop coming and got inspired to be "Luke the Juggler" when I saw a Jester Hat at a local party supply store.

I called myself Luke the Juggler, cause there's a twister in town named "Matt the balloon guy" and I didn't want to seem like I was stealing his name, or to confuse customers by calling myself, Luke the balloon guy. Plus, I really didn't try twisting seriously until I worked with Matt at a Farmers Market and noticed that the balloon twister always makes more money than the juggler!

I am a self taught twister and have purchased a few videos and DVD's as well.

I'm currently very busy with birthday parties and corporate gigs and also twist at two restaurants in town here in Columbus, Ohio. I am in the process of adding video and more pics to my website, but am also a serious procrastinator and it's taking me a while to get to it.

There you have it.

Luke
Luke the Juggler
614-764-8010
www.LuketheJuggler.com
Bonnie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (USA Arkansas) p

Quote Bonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2004 at 3:44pm

Thanks Luke for letting us get to know you a little bit.  What a wonderful success story!

Bonnie, The Balloon Lady

www.partypackage.balloonhq.com
www.bebstreasures.artfire.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keep smiling! It makes people wonder what you've been up to. :-)
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Magical Balloon-dude - Author, book

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2004 at 9:31pm

Little more about Luke

Luke as driven in from Columbus, Ohio for every mbd2.com balloon jam.  It has been fun watching his skills improve.

Dale

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Ohio) p

Quote lukethejuggler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2004 at 6:38am
Awww shucks, Dale,

Thanks for the kind words. Without the Chicago Balloon Jam, I would still be twisting dogs, giraffes, and swords!! Haha.

Luke
Luke the Juggler
614-764-8010
www.LuketheJuggler.com
Bob Balloon View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
04-10~

Quote Bob Balloon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2004 at 4:39am

Luke

I've tried your scooby-doo and spiderman twists they are great.  The kids love 'em.  I'm relatively new to the art of twisting and am still building confidence.  I sent Bonnie some photos to post for me so every one can get an idea of where I'm at and perhaps give me a bit of encouragement.

Love your work man

BOB the BALLOONIST

The twister from down under.
BOB the BALLOONER
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Ohio) p

Quote lukethejuggler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2004 at 8:47am
Thanks Bob!

I appreciate your kind words. There is a lot to learn on this forum!

Good luck!

Luke
Luke the Juggler
614-764-8010
www.LuketheJuggler.com
Mr.Balloonatic View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
09-12

Quote Mr.Balloonatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 8:15am
Very cool website Luke!!

Did you program it yourself?

Anywho...... I love the Scoopy Doo, it was just the thing I needed for a party last week!

Thanks,

Michael
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Ohio) p

Quote lukethejuggler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 9:40am
Thanks Michael,

A friend helped me with the guts of the site, I did the rest.

I'm going to be in re-design again soon.

Glad the Scooby Doo worked out for you!

Luke
Luke the Juggler
614-764-8010
www.LuketheJuggler.com
ednausha View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

Quote ednausha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 2:49pm

Hi Luke,

Your Scooby Doo and Spiderman is fantastic. I tried twisting the Spiderman it came out alright. Don't have the confidence to twist it in front of a crowd yet. Must try out Scooby Doo.

Thanks.

Jolly Happy Clown
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Ohio) p

Quote lukethejuggler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 12:13pm
Thanks!

I appreciate your kind words. Within a few more days, you should be cranking them out just like a machine!

Luke
Luke the Juggler
614-764-8010
www.LuketheJuggler.com
ednausha View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

Quote ednausha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 2:14pm

Really do hope so.

Love the way you and all the other twisters make it seem so easy to twist multiple balloons. I am able to twist them at home in my comfort zone. I decide to twist one in public and I have a panic attack. So I always end up playing it safe..the same old boring twist over and over again. Wish I am more confident.

Jolly Happy Clown
Teague View Drop Down
Review
Review

Quote Teague Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 11:53am

Don't worry about it, man, balloons pop. People expect them to pop. If you don't pop them, wonderful. If you do, laugh and start again. People, especially adults, are by and large very understanding about that sort of thing.

Besides, it's good for you to have to think on your feet in a crowd. Give it a month, your wit will be as sharp as anything that could pop a balloon in the first place.

Hey hey.
RosT View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

Quote RosT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 2:08pm

do u guys blow ur own balloons or use a pump?

-Ros-

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Ohio) p

Quote lukethejuggler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 10:04pm
PUMP!

I love my dual compressor pump from Majiloon.        
I also have a 15 gallon compressor sitting in my basement that helps me to blow up a bunch of balloons in a short amount of time.

Keep on going!

Luke
Luke the Juggler
614-764-8010
www.LuketheJuggler.com
SmartyPants View Drop Down
09-07**

Quote SmartyPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2007 at 6:22pm
Hey Luke, great to meet you in person at the 10th Ann Jam! 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Ohio) p

Quote lukethejuggler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2007 at 8:24pm
Thanks and I return the compliment to you too. Great seeing you in person instead of in pictures online. :)

That was the most fun of all, placing real people to online photo's.

Luke the Juggler
614-764-8010
www.LuketheJuggler.com
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Magical Balloon-dude - Author, book

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 8:35pm
Luke are you still juggling?

Dale
 Post Reply Post Reply