mbd2.com Forum Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Balloon Entertainer's Post & Tips > Introduce
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   StoreStore  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery  Register Register  Login Login

Tobi McJunkin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tobi View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

Quote Tobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tobi McJunkin
    Posted: 21 January 2013 at 9:06pm
I feel a bit late to the party! My name is Tobi McJunkin and I have been twisting balloons for six years now full time. I bought my little girl a balloon kit one year and she asked me to make a balloon. I sat down in the mall to figure out my new little book of balloons and after about 45 minutes of trial and error, a lady walked up and asked me for my business card. For a moment there I thought she had me confused with someone, but she explained that she liked my balloon art and wanted me to come to her daughter's party next month. I did not know this was a profession until that moment and I have not stopped pursuing this profession since that moment.

I have read little tidbits from this forum over the years, but I don't think I have ever taken the time to sign up and contribute. I am usually in a rush to finish research for an upcoming project. I ran into a full discussion on Donald Duck today and decided that it was time to share. I can't say that I am extremely knowledgeable, but I have worked hard researching advanced techniques and pushing myself at growing every year.

I won 5 awards in balloon competition last year from sheer courage to give it a try and a bit of dumb luck. This year I hope to master new techniques in large sculptures and hone my skills in the fantasy flowers and balloon dresses.
Tobi, ArizonasBalloonArtist.com
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Magical Balloon-dude - Author, book

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 11:09am
Hi Tobi

I just checkout your website and blog.  Nice picture on the blog.  Looking forward to reading more blog post.  Habit of mine ;0)

Welcome sorry for the delay in approving post. I just has 12- spammers post 7 pages of spam.  I just finished deleting it.  After you have posted a couple more times, the system will automatically accept and approval is not needed.

Dale
 Post Reply Post Reply