mbd2.com Forum Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Balloon Entertainer's Post & Tips > Introduce
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   StoreStore  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery  Register Register  Login Login

floppybelly (that Pipey lady)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
flopybelly View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

Quote flopybelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: floppybelly (that Pipey lady)
    Posted: 18 December 2011 at 11:59pm
Hey guys!

So um... I can't tell if I'm completely out of line in joining this forum or not. Just let me know if I am, and I'll toddle off somewhere else.
I am a fellow crafty sculptor, but instead of balloons I work in a slightly more permanent medium- pipe cleaners! I've been at it for a good five or six years, and have found only the smallest of communities of fellow artists who share in my medium. This balloon community is HUGE! Howdy!
I'm here trying to figure out just how it is you guys do all this; How do you incorporate an art/craft into a performance, and make yourself into a persona? How do you find the right audiences? How do you build it into a business viable enough to make a little money (if not a lot of fun)? How do you develop a report with other businesses to the point where they ask you back?

If you're curious and wanna see some of my (again, non-balloon) work, you can peruse my amateur website or check out facebook.com/custompipeys. Eager to hear from you!

Also whoops, I've just noticed a typo in my forum username! Any way to fix that?
Amateur in the wrong place
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Magical Balloon-dude - Author, book

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2011 at 9:09am
Floppybelly - you have an unusual hobby/art - I can see your skills can lend itself to birthday parties.  People are always looking for crafty ideas, just think of somebody hiring you to come in and make your creations.  No book, no video - just you live - teaching and telling jokes.

Dale
 Post Reply Post Reply