mbd2.com Forum Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Balloon Entertainer's Post & Tips > Entertainers Forum
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   StoreStore  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery  Register Register  Login Login

Uploading pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mishel S View Drop Down
09-08**

Quote Mishel S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 3:27am
Dale, I think there is still some problems with the photos.
While I was browsing the past post i noticed that I couldn't see any of yves balloon posted photos.

Take a look here for example, in the stork topic.

I can see the placeholder for the photo but not the photo.
If I right click and select properties it shows the path to the forum stored photos. Can it be that some of the photos were accidentally deleted?

I can see other photos, but not yves (and that's too bad, there are some really interesting and beutifull photos by yves).

Mishel.
"Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."
- Ernest Hemingway
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Magical Balloon-dude - Author, book

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 9:49am
Mishel

Not sure why that is happening. Not sure if they uploaded the files or if that was a link to their website.  Confused
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Magical Balloon-dude - Author, book

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 9:53am
Here is the problem -- its a link that is no longer good.

Mishel S View Drop Down
09-08**

Quote Mishel S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 10:13am
Ooops, sorry, I thought it was an uploaded photo and not a link.

I've been browsing the really old posts these last couple of weeks and if there is one think we can be thankful for is the option to upload pictuers to the forum.

Since a lot of the old post contain links to BHQ photos which are no longer there, or links to sites which are no longer there. The only thing we can know for sure will stay here is uploaded photos.

Mishel.
- Ernest Hemingway
CharlesDolbel View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
03-10

Quote CharlesDolbel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2007 at 10:05pm
Hmm...  Ok, I decided to post my 40 off balloon monkey in a palm tree, spent about 20 minutes photo shopping it, and now I can't upload the JPEG as MBD2 tells me it isn't a jpeg.

Help...  (this from a guy who did computer science at uni)...
Charles Dolbel
Corporate Entertainer

Auckland - New Zealand
http://www.CharlesDolbel.BalloonHQ.com
Bonnie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (USA Arkansas) p

Quote Bonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2007 at 10:28pm
Charles, I have had that problem in the past too when photo shopping a pic.  What I did to overcome it was open the photo, save it under a different name (and sometimes I've had to save it under a different name and make sure it was saving in a jpeg format). Worked like a charm for me.  Might work for you too.

Bonnie, The Balloon Lady
www.partypackage.balloonhq.com
www.bebstreasures.artfire.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keep smiling! It makes people wonder what you've been up to. :-)
CharlesDolbel View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
03-10

Quote CharlesDolbel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 12:54am
Thanks Bonnie.

Already did that...  Also made it smaller in case the size wasn't consistent, and also saved it as a GIF instead... 

Still no joy...
Charles Dolbel
Corporate Entertainer

Auckland - New Zealand
http://www.CharlesDolbel.BalloonHQ.com
Mishel S View Drop Down
09-08**

Quote Mishel S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 1:07am
Charles,
This happened to Thelma a while ago. It's a bug in the forum photo uploader. What you need to do is open the JPEG in the simple Painter program of Windows and save it again under a different name.
It's not that important to save it under a different name but it just makes sure you use Painter to save the file.
When Painter saves the file it strips out a lot of meta data that photoshop enters into the file so at the end you will get a slightly smaller sized file which the forum recognizes.

Hope it helps.
Mishel.
- Ernest Hemingway
emadeva View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

05-09

Quote emadeva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 3:49pm
Hi Dr. B.A.Loonatic,

Can you give me twisting instructions on how you got the 3 balloons in the petals to look like that?

Thanks.
Emad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12