mbd2.com Forum Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > New Entertaining Products > Videos, CD, & DVD
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   StoreStore  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery  Register Register  Login Login

Nice and Easy (Review)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
warren View Drop Down
09-09**

Quote warren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nice and Easy (Review)
    Posted: 05 April 2009 at 10:00pm
   I just received a copy of Thelma levetts new CD "Nice and Easy".  Here is the list or what you get.

Dove – Cow – Snail – Butterflies - Bald Eagle – Owl Lion/Tiger - Bald Eagle – Frog in a Rowing Boat – Penguin – Tweety Birds

I am not sure but I think it was a typo to have the "Bald Eagle" listed twice.  I only got one.  Some of these balloons can be seen here on Thelma's instruction area.  My favorites are the Dove, Butterfly, Frog in a rowing boat and the Snail.  I think the Snail will be on display tomorrow when I am twisting.  I will also be sure to use the butterfly.  The butterfly uses 2 hearts and one 260.
   As the title says these balloons are nice to look at and for most or us easy to make.  The price of 15 GBP for this CD is well worth it.
   Last word on this CD.  Good stuff, Good price.
warren
Thelma Levett View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

01-10

Quote Thelma Levett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 2:01am
Thanks for pointing out the typo Warren. There are a couple of models that have been shown in the instruction thread but most people haven't seen them so it seemed a shame not to use them for others. Most of the models are new though. Write what you think of it when you have tried them Warren. All criticism taken on board.   
Always happy twisting.
www.smudgyclown.co.uk
croakdesigns View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
04-12

Quote croakdesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 7:36pm
I too have been playing with Thelma's latest CD.    These designs are easy to put together, and still detailed enough to impress.  I think these designs are suitable for all levels of experience. They are perfect for events where you have to whip out fast stuff but don't want to resort to the dog and sword type designs.  This collection is well worth the price.  My very favorite design is the Dove and it takes only a single balloon.  I also really like the cow and the snail, and the frog in the row boat is good for a giggle.

Thanks Thelma!  Looking forward to more from you!
~Jeanine

Jeanine Von Essen
www.HEYBalloonLady.com
www.CroakDesigns.com
www.JeaninesCritters.com
www.ToadlyCoolGifts.com
Tonya View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

04-13

Quote Tonya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 6:52am
I love Thelma's latest CD also.  The snail is my absolute favorite, with the dove as a close second.  All the figures are quick and cute, very workable for line work and restaurants.
I agree with Jeanine, it is well worth the price.  Wonderful work as always Thelma :-)
Thanks ~
Tonya

www.twistedcrittersnmore.com
Twister
Twister

01-10

Quote Thelma Levett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 2:24am
I have been asked by a number of people to let them have a view of the contents of this cd so I decided it would be best to just put the pictures on this review thread to save the time. So here they are.

Always happy twisting.
www.smudgyclown.co.uk
Bonnie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (USA Arkansas) p

Quote Bonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2009 at 3:31pm
Guess what I have!  Yes indeed I have Thelma's Nice and Easy CD. LOL  I'm always on the lookout for designs I can use when time is of an essence that still get the "Oh that is soo cool!" reaction.  These designs fit the bill. 

My favorite is the lion.  What a totally awesome design and concept!  And the dove... Holy smoke am I gonna get a lot of mileage out of that one!

I was particularly pleased with the "hints" even though step-by-step pics were not given for them.  I really love how she displayed her owls. I am so gonna use that!  And you can bet your boots I'm gonna use her idea for displaying the dove. 

The designs on this CD are geared more for the intermediate twisters but are still very doable for a motivated beginner.  Beginners advance so quickly these days because they have access to instructions of this caliber.

There are two additional points I would like to like to bring out:

1) Yes I have seen versions of several of these designs before because Thelma was more than willing to share her ideas with all of us.  BUT pics are only part of a design.  Actually getting to 'see' how she makes these models was very eye opening (and also how the designs improved since she first shared them).  Sometimes the difference between a good design and a great one is not the end product but is in fact the manner in which it was constructed.  I was taken by complete surprise when I saw how she constructed the tail feathers on the eagle.   It was a "Wow! Now that is cool!" moment.

2) As many of you may know I can easily 'borrow' a design by just looking at the pics (which Thelma so generously provided) just as I'm sure many of you too can do.  However when a fellow artist (OK, Thelma is not a fellow and is in fact an adorably cute female, but you know what I mean.) takes the time to share her ideas in a purchasable format, then I feel it's only right that if I'm gonna 'borrow' the designs that I should also pay for them.  I hope you feel the same as I do so that Thelma will keep making these CDs and sharing her wonderful expertise and vivid imagination with us.

To purchase this CD just follow this link: http://www.balloonjam.com/thelma/  (if the link doesn't work, just copy and paste it into your browser). 

Happy twisting,
Bonnie, The Balloon Lady

www.partypackage.balloonhq.com
www.bebstreasures.artfire.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keep smiling! It makes people wonder what you've been up to. :-)
Twister
Twister

01-10

Quote Thelma Levett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 3:14am
Wow, thank you Bonnie for you positive review. And for your comments about the updated models. The thing is that I never make a model and leave it. I am always looking at ways to improve and so they are like creatures that evolve. I hope you enjoy making them. It is funny reading which models people enjoy. Usually everyone likes the same ones. On this cd it seems every one has a different favourite. That is pretty cool.   Thanks again Bonnie
Always happy twisting.
www.smudgyclown.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply