mbd2.com Forum Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > mbd2.com Balloon Jam > Balloon Jams
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   StoreStore  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery  Register Register  Login Login

NEW Chicago Balloon Jam March 27th

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SmartyPants View Drop Down
09-07**

Quote SmartyPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW Chicago Balloon Jam March 27th
    Posted: 03 March 2008 at 10:00pm
It's finally here - the Chicago Area Balloon Jam!!   Join Smarty Pants, the fabulous Holly Nagel and some of the area's best balloon artists for a balloon jam that's sure to be educational and entertaining for all involved!

The jam is open to twisters of all skill levels from beginner to advanced. I will be teaching a very easy balloon figure that's great for making "quick superheroes" for linework, followed by open jamming.  

We'll also have FREE balloons to use at the jam donated by top balloon companies, plus a super-secret FREE Giveaway!

The jam is free, but please RSVP so we can tell the restaurant how many people to expect.  Since the space is donated by the restaurant, please plan on ordering something to eat/drink to make sure the restaurant invites us back!

Date: March 27th, 2008
Time: 7 pm
Location: Merles BBQ in Evanston (about 15 minutes' drive north of Chicago) 1727 Benson Ave., Evanston, IL 60201 Phone: 847-475-7766 http://www.merlesbbq.com
Holly Nagel View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

11-10

Quote Holly Nagel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 7:35am
Hey Folks, Just a reminder to RSVP to Smarty or myself if you plan on coming out to the Jam on Thurs Mar 27. We need to preorder the balloon packs and need an approximate headcount.

In addition to Smarty's presentation on the Quick Superhero, I'll also be giving a Two-Minute Twisting Tutorial on cranking up the cuteness factor on your critters.

These Jams are always full of fun, for twisters of all levels. See y'all soon!!

~~~Holly

Holly Nagel
TWIST 'N' SHOUT LLC
balloon sculpting and hula programs
(but not at the same time!)
09-07**

Quote SmartyPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 2:39pm
Hi everyone, the more people, the merrier!   The jam is open to twisters of all skill levels from beginner to advanced.  We only ask that if you are bringing children to the event, that they are of age to participate in the twisting fun!

Holly Nagel View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

11-10

Quote Holly Nagel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 7:49am
Smarty Pants and I are way excited about the Balloon Jam coming up in only TWO days. Between Smarty's lesson on Quick Superheroes for Linework, my tutorial on Cranking up the Cuteness Factor, the Qualatex and Betallic give-aways and the prize from MK Brody's, not to mention the twisting and general mayhem, er, merry making, I know everyone will have a great time! We've had lots of responses so, one favor, if you haven't done so already, please RSVP to me as there is a capacity limit on the room and we don't want anyone to get turned away. Thanks!!~~Holly
Holly Nagel
TWIST 'N' SHOUT LLC
balloon sculpting and hula programs
(but not at the same time!)
09-07**

Quote SmartyPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 11:59am
Hi, we will be taking lots of pictures courtesy of Miss Dena and hopefully posting them up online for all to see the fun.   Holly, if too many people show up, could there really be a cutoff?  Could we need to set up a velvet rope?  Jam overflow in the parking lot?   A balloon jam first!  
09-07**

Quote SmartyPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2008 at 12:36pm
For anyone that missed the Jam last night, no worries. In spite of the terrible snowy weather, it was a huge success. I saw about 40 twisters come out of all skill levels, including some people I had never met before, and "Showtime Tony" whom I had heard so many great things about but never met in person.   We had a blast and plan on keeping the Jam going every Last Thursday of every month with more details to follow...

Twinkles was our night's big winner, with the best balloon sculpture as judged by a very impartial person - our very hard-working server for the night.  She took home a nice prize package of a balloon apron, purple hand pump and giant bag of 250s courtesy of MK Brody.  Congrats!
 Post Reply Post Reply