mbd2.com Forum Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Balloon Entertainer's Post & Tips > Polls
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   StoreStore  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery  Register Register  Login Login

Balloon Twisting Forums?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Patricia View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
09-08~

Quote Patricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Balloon Twisting Forums?
    Posted: 02 January 2008 at 4:53pm
I would like to know:

1. How many balloon forums are out there for twisters?
2. What is their web address?
3. How many you subscribe to?
4. How are they different?
5.Any other pertinent information.

Thank you in advance

Patricia
SmartyPants View Drop Down
09-07**

Quote SmartyPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 6:01pm
This is the main forum for balloon twisting that I know of. There's also of course the active email list through balloonhq.com.   There's also a small forum on balloons on themagiccafe.com that occasionally has a good discussion thread going. 
twinkles View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Quote twinkles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 6:20pm

Edited by twinkles - 01 September 2008 at 9:31pm
TheClassyClown.com      Balloon Sculpting & Entertaining Fantastic Face Painting     Magic   &   More
Vince View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
01-10

Quote Vince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 7:16pm
Another one:  www.balloon-animals.com

My impressions:
  - the host made quite a few entertaining and instructive videos on twisting individual shapes (don't miss the one where he takes a call from his girfriend while the camera is rolling)
  - the rate of adding new videos plunged with Michael's engagement!   LOL
  - light-to-moderate amount of posts on the forums
  - a greater-than-average proportion of posts to the "Product Reviews" section
  - larger European representation than here on MBD2 or BHQ
Parcival View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

01-09

Quote Parcival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 2:19am
http://www.balloon-animals.com/ is more European orientated, less commercial (twisting in restaurants is non-existing)
When you want to make a living about twisting, mbd2 is the place to be for inspiration and useful tips.
dave View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
08-08**

Quote dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 12:16pm
I'm a member of www.balloon-animals.com/ and have found it to be useful, it is not as advanced as www.mbd2.com so is great for people starting out and for people like me to post pics of my balloons without feeling inadequate, so in some ways it compliments this forum.
 Post Reply Post Reply