mbd2.com Forum Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > mbd2.com Balloon Jam > Balloon Jams
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   StoreStore  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery  Register Register  Login Login

Diamond Jam 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
smile4wandini View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
04-12

Quote smile4wandini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diamond Jam 2008
    Posted: 23 September 2007 at 7:00pm
I signed up with Lori from DiamondJam on Friday...She said Ed has LOTs of Surprises for us!!!
I called and got my room today and will be checking for flights soon as well!!!
The Hotel is being finished as we speak and most rooms are done by now! It should be a blast so sign up as soon as possible! If you are a return Twister there are specials you get...if you stay at the Hotel of choice you get a special something also!
Each month before the Jam Ed picks from a hat a name to get a free registration! (from the people all ready signed up)! Got to be in it to win it!
Hope to see you All there ; )   
smilephoto.com   thegreatwandini.com
...be true to your teeth...and they will never be false to you!
graceful View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
06-10

Quote graceful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 9:37pm
Hi Noemi,

If you look closer on the DJ website, http://diamondjam.com  you will find they've posted the info already.  Here's the hotel info, with a free shuttle from the airport.

Holiday Inn Casa Grande
777 N Pinal Ave
Casa Grande, AZ 85222
Phone: (520) 426-3500

The other info is slowly coming up on the website.   We (Charis and I) are DEFINITELY coming and we're in the process of deciding whether Trevor (my hubby and Charis' dad) will be joining us.  We're also hoping to either find a good seat sale in the next month or use our airmiles!  :D 

Can't wait to see everyone again!
Faye
http://GracefulBalloonArt.com
Thelma Levett View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

01-10

Quote Thelma Levett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 1:48am
I'll be in Goa then. I might just check out flight costs for one of the U.S. Jams in the future though. Unless Goa is the secret location!!!!
Always happy twisting.
www.smudgyclown.co.uk
Patrick View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Netherlands)

Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 6:03pm
Guess who's teaching... smiley2
Ballonkunstenaar Patrick - innovative balloon designs
- In limitation lies the true chance for creativity -
Graham Lee View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
04-10

Quote Graham Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 7:02pm
Cant think, give us a clue???????

Graham Lee
CharlesDolbel View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
03-10

Quote CharlesDolbel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 9:13pm
Grrrrrrr...  Have a good time guys, I'm very jealous...smiley16
Charles Dolbel
Corporate Entertainer

Auckland - New Zealand
http://www.CharlesDolbel.BalloonHQ.com
Willemijn View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
06-09

Quote Willemijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 8:27am
I'm coming again!!! I really enjoyed Daimond Jam this year......and there is this one teacher smiley2

Graham, think harder (that's your clue)!
just a crazy girl surfing a twisted world!
JesterMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
04-07

Quote JesterMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Willemijn

.....and there is this one teacher smiley2

So, Willemijn, is the rest of the sentence, "I can't seem to get away from him",??smiley8
"destined to take the place of the MudShark in your mythology..." FZ

www.JesterMan.com
www.AArdvarkEntertainers.com
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Magical Balloon-dude - Author, book

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 1:07pm
Patrick

I was going to guess me, but I'm not teaching.Could it be somebody from a foreign country, like Arkansas? smiley36

Dale

Moonshine View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
05-09

Quote Moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 6:57pm
Hi people.

I'm sorry I won't be able to attend next year. I can only attend one of the American ones, and I'm saving to T&S, since it's the 10th anniversary. I'll miss you all, I had a great time this year.
Visit my portfolio at this place, or find me here if you don't want to talk balloon business.
Twisted Tim View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
02-09~

Quote Twisted Tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 5:53pm
Oh man! No moonshine? Who's gonna sing?

We'll miss you Victor, have fun at T&S.
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
Janet View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
05-12

Quote Janet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 11:54am
So, Diamond Jam is right around the corner. Just wondering if we will have some sort of official "meeting" or photo op like in previous years. I am really going to miss Maxine's Jump Start Jam. There seems to be a lot going on, though. Looking forward to Patrick's class as well as Fabrizio and the others. I plan to arrive sometime Wednesday. Might have a few folks in tow. Is there going to be Karaoke? Any more of you planning to come? Bonnie? Mystery teacher...hmmmm?
Janet "never too old to learn" Lenox
1st Gold Medal Balloon Challenge Champion--USA
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 2:45pm
If your a mbd2.com subscriber .... Look for Andy Mcdonald (macpump), he will have the mbd2.com member lapel pins.  You will have to provide him with your full name and user name so I can update your account to reflect that you received your lapel pin.  

Have a great time!

Dale
smile4wandini View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
04-12

Quote smile4wandini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 5:12pm
Listen Here Folks... MBD2 Members Photo can be done... I will try to get a time together with Andy while at DJam we will post the date and time in the jam room so save a smile for the group photos! I asked Herschel and he said he would do it for us again this year!
   See ya ALL there!
        Sheree : )

So who is coming will you be there???

smilephoto.com   thegreatwandini.com
...be true to your teeth...and they will never be false to you!
CrazyChris View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
11-12

Quote CrazyChris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 7:44pm
(SIGH!)  I'm still not sure I'll be going. I haven't received my last paycheck from the job I finished just before Christmas.  Even with that check, I'd only be able to attend one day, but without it there's no way I can go.  And, to make things worse, I'm soooo close to there (Sierra Vista...  southeast of Tuscon).  Oh, I hope that check gets here in time!  (SIGH!)

Anyway, just in case I can attend, I have a couple of questions for those who've been there before...

1.  Will the dealers have stock at the Jam, or will they be taking orders?  I need a few supplies, and I'd prefer "cash and carry" to "order and wait."

2.  Are the classes open enrollment or limited enrollment?  In other words, if I happen to show up at the last minute, do I pay the daily registration and go to whatever I want, or can I only go to the classes that have room left?  (I'd sure hate to get there and find out that something I wanted to see was filled.)

Thanks, so much, for the info.  I really DO hope I can get up there!

Regards,

CrazyChris

"Think off-centre!" (George Carlin)
"Even if you win the rat race, you're still a rat!" (Jackie Gleason)
"You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old." (George Burns)
www.crazychris.ca
Janet View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
05-12

Quote Janet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 12:36am
The dealers do have stock on hand. I am usually able to stock up on my balloons supplies with TMyers. I am assuming he will be there again this year. I don't see a list of the vendors on the DJ website. I hope you are able to come. It is a lot of fun--better than a family reunion. Again---just hanging out in the jam room is quite an education.

You are able to go to whatever class you want--there is usually plenty of room since 3 classes go on simultaneously---good luck picking which you want to go to...LOL Confused In each class you attend, you will have to pay the instructor $5 in addition to your registration for the day. Hope your $$$ get to you  in time!!!
CrazyChris View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
11-12

Quote CrazyChris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Janet

CrazyChris---I have now confirmed that TMyers will be there with Betallatex balloons and other products. Big Fun which is based in AZ will be there with Qualatex. Please at least show your face and pick up your pin from Andy (mbd2 members).

See ya soon!

Still no money...  SIGH!  Called (again) today and got the same ol' runaround....  'We sent it...  it should be there soon...  blah, blah, blah.'  (SIGH!)

Since we're not that far from Chandler, we might just go up to see the dealer displays if nothing else (assuming I can do that without paying?).  Also not sur if i can get a pin if I'm not officially registered?  Hopefully, the @#!%$# check will get here and I can attend (if so, I'll go thursday, as I *really* want to see Patrick's class on animals.)

Thanks, again, for your help!

Regards,  Chris

"Think off-centre!" (George Carlin)
"Even if you win the rat race, you're still a rat!" (Jackie Gleason)
"You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old." (George Burns)
www.crazychris.ca
Twistina View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
12-09~

Quote Twistina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2008 at 11:52am
I am Here!!
I brought my laptop so I can keep in touch.
I woke up this morning with the early symptons of a migraine, so not such a good start. Took some tablets though and as I caught it early, it has mostly gone. I just feel like I have an almighty hang over!
Met up with Sheree last night when we first got here and Mike (my hubby AKA Twistopher) has gone for breakfast with Shirley Ray. Sad  to say I do not feel like breakfast at the moment. Have a good trip every one who is coming and hope to meet you all!
x Twistina
Twistina The Balloon Lady

http://www.twistina.co.uk
LONG MAY I TWIST
az_balloon_lady View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
01-10~

Quote az_balloon_lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2008 at 12:33pm
Since we're not that far from Chandler, we might just go up to see the dealer displays if nothing else (assuming I can do that without paying?).   
Regards,  Chris
Chris,

Diamond Jam isn't in Chandler this year. It was moved to the new Holiday Inn in Casa Grande, so you're not as far away as you think. Check out their website at  http://www.diamondjam.com/2008/DJ2008 

You can get into the dealer rooms without a pass to Diamond Jam, but last year you really weren't supposed to go into the Jam Room. Although I understand a few people did it, it was frowned upon. After the contests, they allow the public to see the entrys and, of course, there are always the lobby display sculptures.
Sara Ward
Phoenix AZ
email: Sara@AzBalloonLady.com
Anchovie View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

01-10~

Quote Anchovie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 11:31am

I started twisting two and a half years ago after seeing a balloon guy at a birthday party.  I found myself mesmerized and knew that this was something I had to do.  Since then, I was fortunate enough to meet up with Gene and other balloon artists in Hawaii who helped to cultivate and fan my desire.  I went to my first jam at the Diamond Jam 2008 and had an absolute blast.  I felt so privileged to place that name card around my neck.  It might as well have been an Olympic gold medal.  I felt like one of the misfit toys in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.  Not that twisters are misfits, but the feeling was that finally I had arrived home where I belonged.  Balloon artists really are a special breed.  I was a little sad as I did not know anyone who would be attending the jam in Arizona.  Bless his heart, Gene, who was not able to attend, got busy on the Internet and asked everyone he knew to welcome his friend from Hawaii.  Shortly after arriving at the jam I began to feel the warmth from my balloon family.  JP made me feel so special.  I had never laughed so hard or cried so much as I did in Arizona.  To meet all your heroes like Marvin, Don, Ken and Ralph was incredible.  All of the instructors were such experienced professionals.  Some actually came up to me afterwards and asked ME what I thought about their session!  So caring and down to earth.  In today's world, teenagers have their own language and would feel tortured spending time with people their parent's age.  Attention to grandparents tends to wane with time.  Contrary to this, panning through the jam room you could see adolescents and older adults actually talking and sitting side by side for hours.  Life's lessons can be learned through balloons.  I left the jam with friendships that I truly treasure.  I will never forget Fred and Wally who are just incredible people.  There is so much I could learn from Jeff's accomplishments and humbleness.  The Chee's made me feel so welcome the whole time.(I look forward to meeting up with them in the islands.)  Eddie is so incredibly talented and such a great ambassador.  Charis is our future.  Tristen, Tom, Naomi (home schooling rocks), Rita, Bubbles (take care of your dog), Uncle Curt, Albert, Tyler, Buttons, Twistina.  You are all great.  There was a twinge of sadness at the Diamond Jam banquet, as this marked the closure of our time together.  Seeing the participants slowly trickle away from the jam reminded me of the scene from The Incredibles when all of the super heroes needed to forgo their super powers and blend into the general population.  Such experience, talent and creativity.  Awesome.  I will be forever changed from this experience.  I truly believe that balloons are merely a means by which amazingly talented, creative, warm people can express themselves.  Balloons don't define us, we as a group continue to defy the perceived limitations of this medium.  Twisters rock.

With Aloha,

Mark from Hawaii  (A.K.A. Anchovie)
Mark from Hawaii
mandy View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
03-12p

Quote mandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 12:23pm
Hi Mark, i had a similar experience when i attended my first convention.
What a lovely group of people, and so helpful and sharing. It felt awkward being among them cos i wasnt used to the cameraderie, but i know the next convention will be even better as i made loads of really nice friends. (I too felt tearful on the last day sniff sniff)
mandy
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 12:33pm
It nice that your all back here.  It gets quiet when everyone is gone Unhappy 
Janet View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
05-12

Quote Janet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 1:34pm
It was a great pleasure to meet you, Mark. I am sorry I didn't have a chance to talk with you more--there is always so much going on! I am so very glad your first convention experience was a positive one. May you have many more! Congratulations on your award, by the way. I am glad you entered. I was scared when I first entered but it helps me feel like I am more part of the whole event.

Hope to see you again in the near future and stay in touch here! Aloha!

Thanks for the welcome back, Dale. We missed it too!
Rosebud View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

01-09

Quote Rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 2:13pm
Mark,
I really enjoyed meeting you and getting to know you a bit at DJ 2008.  Tristen spoke highly of you even before I met you!  Welcome to the twisted world.  I hope to see you at the next event.  Great job on your sculpture.
Rose
Trist'n Shout's biggest fan...and MOM!
graceful View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
06-10

Quote graceful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 5:59pm
Mark, you describe SO well what we experienced at our first DJ in 06! Some wonderful sweet balloon artists made sure we were there.  We just HAD to come to 07 and 08 and we'll do our best to be at 8.5!

I'm off to post pics for everyone on the other DJ Winners thread! Congrats Mark, glad you could come.  Tell Gene and Chris (and all the others!) they'll have to join us next time! http://mbd2.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3711

Faye
http://GracefulBalloonArt.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>