mbd2.com Forum Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Balloon Entertainer's Post & Tips > Introduce
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   StoreStore  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery  Register Register  Login Login

Bonnie, The Balloon Lady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Share |
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Magical Balloon-dude - Author, book

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bonnie, The Balloon Lady
    Posted: 28 August 2011 at 8:38pm
Hey Bonnie

I know you're still doing balloons, but what are you up to now?  Keep us informed on what your doing, Dale
Dimon003 View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

Quote Dimon003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 2:24am

Good job Bonnie! That is so great to hear. Congratulations Bonnie! You're my hero! You are worthy of all the praise that you get and more.ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Everyhing is life!
Bonnie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (USA Arkansas) p

Quote Bonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 12:13pm

Thanks ya'll!

Bonnie, The Balloon Lady

www.partypackage.balloonhq.com
www.bebstreasures.artfire.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keep smiling! It makes people wonder what you've been up to. :-)
peach View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
06-07*

Quote peach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 10:58am

I am not surprised to hear about your award!  Congratulations!!! You will be one of the next GREATS in the industry without a doubt, and your generous spirit and talent have already won you the adoration of your peers!  Hope you feel very loved...you are!  (I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you and learning from you someday soon )

Peach

A balloon is a smile you can hold in the palm of your hand!
warren View Drop Down
09-09**

Quote warren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2005 at 9:31pm

Yes Bonnie if it was not for your help I would not know how to post pictures.  You are worthy of all the praise that you get and more.

Warren

warren
mandy View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
03-12p

Quote mandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2005 at 4:49am
Wow bonnie you are a natural. Im 50 and was looking on the web for wedding balloons and was so awestruck by the
beautiful decor and I split my sides over the parodies.

I hope to start a balloon decor business and would love to give talks to children and adults, even show them how to do simple twisting. Im practising furiously and gathering background info on balloons and interesting facts which will amaze.
I want to raise public awareness and in these troubled times everybody loves humour and being wowed.

The weddings been put on hold, well ive been waiting ten years for him to propose and now he can wait. I need to learn as much as i can. Wish me luck Bonnie
mandy
magicgeorge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (UK) - Author, ebook

Quote magicgeorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2005 at 11:45am
Nice one, Bonnie.
We all knew you where an award winning artist before the award :D.
George
smile4wandini View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
04-12

Quote smile4wandini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2005 at 8:25pm
Oh... Bonnie the Balloon Lady,
    It was nice to meet you at Twist & Shout last week. Congrats on your award, I am glad you made it to the convention, see ya in the chat room girlfriend!
smilephoto.com   thegreatwandini.com
...be true to your teeth...and they will never be false to you!
Mr.Balloonatic View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
09-12

Quote Mr.Balloonatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2005 at 4:46pm
Congratulations again Bonnie,

from what I have seen of your work I must say that this is the most impressive I have seen and you definitely deserved the award, without a doubt.

Michael A.
Mister Jazzz View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
04-11~

Quote Mister Jazzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2005 at 3:35pm

Qwinkly: That's why I said

"Good job Bonnie! I even loved the magic trick you did when they called out your name! "

I saw her  and then she 'disappeared!' all in all I couldn't think of anyone who deserved it more!

James

qwinkly View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
01-08

Quote qwinkly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2005 at 12:08am
You missed hearing for you first award? !!!  Oy Vey!  Well, you'll just have to win another one next year - or later this year!
http://Qwinkly.BalloonHQ.com

If it weren't for gravity, jugglers would just throw up!

Want to know how to make God laugh? Tell Him your plans !!
Bonnie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Bonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2005 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by qwinkly

....The Dewey Awardees were all applauded by standing ovations,
it's been a great night.

Thank you all for posting your congrats!   And an even bigger thank you to all of you that have so generously taught me to twist by posting photos of your work and/or instructions.  Without all of you, I would have never dreamed that those skinny balloons could be made to look like anything you can imagine or that they could have such an impact on my life (and those that receive them weekly).

As for the standing ovation... I wouldn't know.  I wasn't in the room when my name was announced. .  Kenton and I thought that there was a 10 minute intermission, so we stepped out for a breath of fresh air.

Bonnie, The Balloon Lady

Anne View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
12-07*

Quote Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2005 at 10:51am

Well done Bonnie

I saw the post on BHQ & the name Bonnie I thought is that MBD2 Bonnie?????

Surely it had to be & yes it was! Very well deserved & again congratulations

Bob Balloon View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
04-10~

Quote Bob Balloon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2005 at 5:10am

Congratulations Bonnie you are the best in my book.  Youv'e given me nothing but encouragement and great advice thankyou thankyou thankyou.  You beaudy, little ripper we are all so proud to be able to interact with you.

Well deserved.

BOB

The twister from down under.
BOB the BALLOONER
piccalily View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

Quote piccalily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2005 at 3:35am
Bonnie well done I knew you were a winner. Could not have happened to a more talented person Well Done
danoballoonmano View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Canada)

Quote danoballoonmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2005 at 11:10pm
Way to go Bonnie....it couldn't happen to a nicer or more talented person!!! Way to go!!!!

Dan
Dan The Balloon Man
twinkles View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Quote twinkles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2005 at 10:24pm
Congrats Bonnie!  It's about time the whole (twisted) world found out about you! 
macpump View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
10-08p

Quote macpump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2005 at 9:33pm

Way to go.

MACPUMP-http://www.MacPump.Net
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Magical Balloon-dude - Author, book

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2005 at 8:06pm

Way to go Bonnie !    

JAMZ View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
02-09~

Quote JAMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2005 at 7:12pm

CONGRATULATIONS Bonnie if any one deserves it you do

I don,t think but I am anyway
Patrick View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Netherlands)

Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2005 at 5:16pm

That is so great to hear

Congratulations Bonnie!   You're my hero!

Patrick

Ballonkunstenaar Patrick - innovative balloon designs
- In limitation lies the true chance for creativity -
Mister Jazzz View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
04-11~

Quote Mister Jazzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2005 at 5:12pm

Good job Bonnie! I even loved the magic trick you did when they called out your name!

James

qwinkly View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
01-08

Quote qwinkly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2005 at 3:33pm

Our Bonnie - yes, our Bonnie won a prestigious balloon award this week at Twist & Shout 2005!

Here is the excerpt from Sheena Beaverson:

"Ralph Dewey presented 4 more awards at the Twist and Shout 2005
final night banquet.  These were:

Balloon Excellence Ambassador
David Grist

Rising Star
Bonnie Davis

Career Contributor
Bertand Charlot (Bidou)

Trail Blazer
Larry Moss!

The Dewey Awardees were all applauded by standing ovations,
it's been a great night.

- Sheena Beaverson, BalloonHQ.com

http://Qwinkly.BalloonHQ.com

If it weren't for gravity, jugglers would just throw up!

Want to know how to make God laugh? Tell Him your plans !!
Bob Balloon View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
04-10~

Quote Bob Balloon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 5:08am

Hey Bonnie you have been twisting only a few years I can hardly believe it.  You will be the best twister in the world I am sure in no time at all.  Your work is an inspiration to me, I look at your Balloon HQ site all the time.  Hopefully you get noticed enough and will one day come and twist down under so we can see you work first hand.

BOB

The twister from down under.
BOB the BALLOONER
Bonnie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Bonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2004 at 3:49pm

Charles, well... hummmm... I'm not really sure what to post here that isn't already public knowledge, .

Lets see... my twisting style has changed drastically in the past year.  I can even see a huge difference in the past 6 months, thanks in huge part to this forum and the generosity of those that share so readily.  I'm no longer afraid to incorporate a more complex twist (such as spit twists or hook twists) in my designs when I twist in public. 

My patter has improved a great deal, but I have discovered I just don't have the comedic touch.  The most I can hope for is to be mildly amusing with some quick comebacks and some sort of easy going slap stick.  I'm still far to silent while twisting, but that too is improving with time.

I'm getting better at marketing, but still need to work a lot harder in this area.  Sometime in the next couple of weeks I'm going to approach a couple of more restaurants about twisting for them.  I'm still not sure which ones to approach since they will be out of town ones and I know nothing about them.  Looks like I will have to do some market research, like eating out.

All in all, it's still the best career move I have ever made.

Bonnie, The Balloon Lady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>