mbd2.com Forum Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Balloon Entertainer's Post & Tips > Introduce
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   StoreStore  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery  Register Register  Login Login

Danoballoonmano

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
danoballoonmano View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Canada)

Quote danoballoonmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Danoballoonmano
    Posted: 26 February 2004 at 2:19am
Hello all,
   My name is Dan Thiel and I hail from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I have been twisting balloons for just over four years now. I started twisting because my son at the age of three loved balloons. (I have a 4 year old daughter now and my son is 7)
   Every time we went to the local Farmer's market I had to buy him one...so...being the frugal (cheap) man that I am I decided...I am a stay home dad (after almost 20 years in the restaurant and restaurant management industry) and I have lots of time and a brain in my head.....why don't I get a book from the library and a bag of balloons and try to figure this out.
   4 years later a number of things have happened:
1) I now work that farmer's market.(as well as three others)
2) I can make any animal that a kid asks for (or the "patented" Dan The Balloon Man's guarantee of "I will eat a bug" comes into play)
3) My kids are sick of balloons, but I am obsessed
4) I am the busiest balloon twister in the city
5) I don't buy as much beer as I used to due to an oxygen deprivation "high" from blowing up thousands of balloons every year.
6) I love my job and can't wait to get to work!!!!
7) I make more money now than I have in a long time, but do so doing something that I truly enjoy.
8) I have been invited to numerous festivals accross Canada and am contemplating a cross Canada working vacation with my family next summer.

I love kids and I am privileged to work almost full time at twisting. I have not developed a website due to the fact that I would not like to be any busier than I am already...it may become like "work" and we can't have that!!!
   I play the guitar. I am a great cook. I love my kids and my amazing wife. My favorite color is purple. I like CSI and reality television. I dislike strong perfumes. I have a goal of one day taking the ballons around the world with a strong focus in third world impoverished countries. I hate house cleaning and doing laundry.

"that's about all I have to say about that"
                                     -Forest Gump

Dan The Balloon Man
Dan The Balloon Man
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Magical Balloon-dude - Author, book

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2004 at 10:25am

Dan is one of the Moderators for the mbd2.com forum, the inspiration behind Thought of the Day, and has contributed heavily to the is Share a Laugh Line. 

It's great having you participate here Dan.Thumbs Up

Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2004 at 8:29am

Oops Sorry Dan,

I forgot eh. You're a  Canadian, eh. So I translated my message eh, into Canadian eh.

Dan you see is a Moderator, eh. He's like a Mountie for the mbd2.com forum, eh. He also the thinker of the Though of the Day and makes people laugh in Share a Laugh Line, eh.

It's great having this bloak here, eh.

Sorry but my Canadian is weak. Big smile

Your friend, eh

Dale LOLTongueSmile

danoballoonmano View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Canada)

Quote danoballoonmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2004 at 12:09pm
Dale,
   You are correct about the Mountie thing. My detective skills are amazing. I knew there were some Americans here in the forum, because outside I saw lots of mopeds with gun racks and beer can windchimes.....

Dan The Balloon Mountie Man
Dan The Balloon Man
PhxballoonChic View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

Quote PhxballoonChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 10:31am

Dan,

You are very entertaining- I love reading your posts! and this is totally off the balloon path but ...I really hate doing laundry too.

I mean I loathe it! It actually is a very simple, mindless chore that has to be done- but I would rather have my fingernails pulled out one by one !  I just don't understand why I hate it so much-so can you tell me why you hate it so much? It gives me comfort to know I am not the only one with dirty clothes overflowing their baskets.. ok.. now I feel like a complete ass..

janet (phxballoonchic)

P.J.T. View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
06-07

Quote P.J.T. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 8:06pm

OUCH !!!  Oh Janet... how in the world would you tie a balloon if your nails were pulled out  ... OOOOOHHHHH sad !!! 

Welcome Dan...  the participants here may be "twisted" but they sure are nice !!!  They've helped me "grow" in leaps and bounds !!! 

Enjoy... "The Balloon Fairy"...  P.J.

Keep on Smiling !!!
zhang00 View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

Quote zhang00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 1:49am
Welcome Dan...  the participants here may be "twisted" but they sure are nice !!!  They've helped me "grow" in leaps and bounds !!! 
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 8:39pm
Hey Dan,

Who's the balloon industry in Canada going?

Dale
 Post Reply Post Reply