mbd2.com Forum Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Balloon Entertainer's Post & Tips > Balloon Instructions
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   StoreStore  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery  Register Register  Login Login

Computer Game Characters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
smile4wandini View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
04-12

Quote smile4wandini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Computer Game Characters
    Posted: 14 August 2005 at 12:28am
smilephoto.com   thegreatwandini.com
...be true to your teeth...and they will never be false to you!
Mr.Balloonatic View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
09-12

Quote Mr.Balloonatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 1:54pm
okay,

here is my version of mario .....

Michael
Patrick View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Netherlands)

Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 5:20pm

First one from my archive, made on the spot somewhere a year ago; a quick version of Sonic Hedgehog:

And here's my first try at Rayman:

His hands, feet and head are kindof floating in mid-air. That's why I kept the arms, legs and neck in clear. This photo doesn't do justice to the invisible parts; they're more invisible during daylight.

Kids recognised him right away

Patrick

Ballonkunstenaar Patrick - innovative balloon designs
- In limitation lies the true chance for creativity -
BrainGutz View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
12-06*

Quote BrainGutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 7:46pm
What Video and Computer Game Characters have you made?

I'm interested in hearing what gaming characters others have made. I went ahead and posted one of mine to get conversation going (and show off.)

I've been meaning to post this one for a while. It's a Tauren Warrior. Basically, that's a minotaur-like being from the computer game World of Warcraft. For the face, I combined a dragon, cow and human face, just trying to find the right mixture of features. The wildebeast horns are made of four 260's each. The entire sculpture is 260's except a few 160's on the muzzle and eyes and the 360 axe handle. The entire body is woven and took 5 hours total. Basically, I made it just like a basket or the bell-tower I posted a while back, but I had to vary the dimensions to imitate his figure and muscles. A picture of a tauren can be found at
http://www.blizzard.com/wow/images/tauren/characters-tauren2.gif but keep in mind that each character looks different and has different armor in the game. I enjoy sculpting game characters because the game gives me an interactive 3D model to work with. It makes my job easier. In a few days, I'll post a few more gaming characters from World of Warcraft, and if my friend ever sends me the photos, I'll post a picture of a 6' troll.

Tauren%20WarriorTauren%20Side%20View
CharlesDolbel View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
03-10

Quote CharlesDolbel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 10:30am
Great job Brian.  I love the details you put into the face, it has real character to it.

I made a 3 foot version of Rachet & Clank a few months ago, but did not have a chance to take a decent picture as it needed delivering straight away.    In fact., I had never even heard of rachet and clank until the request came in...
Charles Dolbel
Corporate Entertainer

Auckland - New Zealand
http://www.CharlesDolbel.BalloonHQ.com
Patrick View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Netherlands)

Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 5:04pm
Great photo's Brian.. that second shot makes it alive somehow.

I've merged your topic with some existing similar topic-subjects.
Patrick View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Netherlands)

Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2007 at 2:47am
I posted a new Sonic Hedgehog in my portfolio on BHQ (or photo 48373)

When I had to make him again, I'd work some more on exacurating the proportions - like giving him 160 legs instead of 260.

seanmcd51 View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
01-09*

Quote seanmcd51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 9:27pm

I have a birthday party tomorrow for brothers. 5 & 7. They love Nintendo and the Mario Brothers Mario & Luigi. There's a game called Mario Kart where the Mario characters race around in gocarts.

I remembered that Jack had made a Mickey and Goofey riding in an antique car. He built the whole thing around a radio controlled car so it really went.

Always up for a challenge, I emailed him for some tips. He sent an email right back and I went to work.

Here is Mario: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx3i4DQ5AyQ

seanmcd51 View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
01-09*

Quote seanmcd51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2008 at 6:43am
Here's my inspiration (Jack's Mickey & Goofy Car): http://jackmagic1.balloonhq.com/complete.php?portid=7943&page=4&id=60061

I made Mario and Luigi - Here's the big Race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4zI-cl-hT8

(Pitiful Driving)
twinkles View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Quote twinkles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2008 at 9:03am
O.K....
Now you just have to find a place where you can SELL these.... some kind of fair/festival/show, etc....  They would absolutely sell like HOTCAKES! 

Sean my friend, YOU ROCK! Thumbs%20Up
TheClassyClown.com      Balloon Sculpting & Entertaining Fantastic Face Painting     Magic   &   More
Janet View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
05-12

Quote Janet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 10:16pm
Here are a couple of characters I made over the weekend for some video game fans. Are they recognizable?

Janet "never too old to learn" Lenox
1st Gold Medal Balloon Challenge Champion--USA
Subscriber
Subscriber
09-12

Quote Mr.Balloonatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 5:24am
at a guess I'm going to say Princess Peach and Yoshi ... but I could be wrong ... :)

Michael
Subscriber
Subscriber
09-12

Quote Mr.Balloonatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 5:36am
Here is a quick one I made for a friend of a friend ...

Just when I was walking through Cork City Center ...

Enjoy,

Michael
Tonya View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

04-13

Quote Tonya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 9:05am
I love the expression on the princesses face Janet...lol.  Good job on both her and Yoshi.

And that's a great Luigi Michael, cool way to do the mustache.
Tonya

www.twistedcrittersnmore.com
Janet View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
05-12

Quote Janet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2009 at 9:19pm
Had a recent challenge...so I thought I'd post a few photos:

If you are interested, I will give the story of how I came to make these. Let me know.
CharlesDolbel View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
03-10

Quote CharlesDolbel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2009 at 9:32pm
Always interested...   :)
Charles Dolbel
Corporate Entertainer

Auckland - New Zealand
http://www.CharlesDolbel.BalloonHQ.com
Janet View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
05-12

Quote Janet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2009 at 9:46pm
OK, about two weeks ago I was called by a potential client looking to have my services and also looking for this character to appear at her son's party. I told her I had never seen this around town, and offered to make the mask so that they could have the character in that form. That idea was met with dead silence on her part.
I proceeded to help her look by calling quite a few folks and even posting online to see if anyone had resources. Well, I was unsuccessful. So I called her back letting her know and she said she would keep looking (like she knew something I wouldn't--right?!).
Anyway, a few days before the party, I called her ask her how she made out and she said she had gone ahead with her son's second choice of character. So I once again offered the mask as an alternative--dead silence. By now I was getting a bit offended, so I made the mask just to prove I could (to myself, mostly...) and I already promised the full character (part of my party package--don't steal my idea--Wink kidding--go ahead...)
Well, I arrive at the party and it is wall-to-wall decorated in the second character choice, but I bravely go ahead with my duties, but a little worried about how my offerings would be received. It was a CRAZY party! Kids everywhere with too much going on and I had to back down on my usual designs (face painting and balloons....)-- I could hardly get everyone's attention when I got ready to make the presentation, but when the BD boy saw it, his eyes lit up! And I got applause from those paying attention....So it was worth it to make the BD boy's day and I now have something cool in my portfolio.

The End---remember, you asked....Tongue
Tonya View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

04-13

Quote Tonya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2009 at 10:31pm
Janet, they look really great, I'll bet they had fun with that...nice work! Smile
Tonya

www.twistedcrittersnmore.com
Janet View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
05-12

Quote Janet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2009 at 10:38pm
Thank you, Tonya!

Yes, the boy was playing with the character and had begun ignoring all the games and whatnot his family had going---pure madhouse, if you ask me...---so I was gratified, in a slightly evil way Evil%20Smile
LouLou View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
03-12

Quote LouLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 6:31pm

I have a birthday party this weekend... The boy asked for a Mario balloon.
I wasn't sure if I could pull this one off.  I used the body from the clip on youtube and added buttons.
Hope he likes it Tongue
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Magical Balloon-dude - Author, book

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2010 at 9:55am
Nice work on the Mario -  I've had kids ask for him - and when I ask them what Mario did for a living none of the kids knew.  
seanmcd51 View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
01-09*

Quote seanmcd51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 9:22am

Here are instructions for a Mario Hat I made the other day. It's fairly quick and it got a great reaction.

http://www.balloonjam.com/Instructions/Mario%20Hat.htm
Lchester View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
06-10

Quote Lchester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 4:29am
Thanks for that Sean - I just made it and my hubby loves it! (Very hard to impress usually!!) Can't wait for my son (10 year old) to see it tomorrow
Lisa
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Magical Balloon-dude - Author, book

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 2:10pm
Sean perfect timing, I have a Mario party next week.
seanmcd51 View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
01-09*

Quote seanmcd51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 6:21am
Nice, glad it helps.

Have you concidered doing the remote controlled Mario Carts?
http://www.imnotaclown.com/videos.html
Videos 2 & 3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>