mbd2.com Forum Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Balloon Entertainer's Post & Tips > Introduce
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   StoreStore  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery  Register Register  Login Login

Dale Obrochta

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Magical Balloon-dude - Author, book

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dale Obrochta
    Posted: 25 February 2004 at 11:09am

Entertainers Name: Magical Balloon-dude Dale

I learned my craft 20 years ago from a bunch of twisted people.  This is the truth.  I was attending college and I met a group of jugglers that practiced on the college campus.  At the time I did not realize I was learning form so of the best entertainers in the Chicago.

I learned, juggling, magic, gymnastic, fire eating, fire juggling, unicycle riding, bull whip, clowning, and ballooning. 

I have worked as a Dance Instructor, College MIS Instructor, Photographer, MIS Consultant, Mainframe Operator, Programmer/Analysis (US Bankruptcy Court), Author/Publisher of a Book, Manufacture, Reseller, Entertainer, Webmaster, IT Manger for a Publishing Company, and couple more jobs that slip my mind at the moment.

In 2000, I earned my Master Degree in Communication

Some 8 years ago, I started a little website called mbd2.com – Not thinking I could have had any name, but because of the cost I collaborated with a mobile DJ company and we decided to mbd2.  Six months later the DJ company dropped out and it was just me, Magical Balloon-dude Dale.

In 1989, I started a Yahoo balloon group, which was shutdown by Yahoo! Somebody yelled “SPAM!” and the shutdown the forum.  Quickly I restarted the forum on October 25, 1999, which now has 420 members.  However, due to the change in Yahoo! policy we are bum bared with advertisements.  Therefore, I started the mbd2.com balloon forum.

Now, I’m happy to say Yesterday, February 24, 2004 on my parents 52 wedding anniversary we has 2,420 visitors to the mbd2.com website.

So that’s my story.

Dale

danoballoonmano View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Canada)

Quote danoballoonmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2004 at 11:54am
Hey Dale,
   Happy 52nd anniversary to your folks.....nowadays, that is no east task. If they could survive 20 years of squeaking, popping, and the occasional curse coming from your room...maybe another 52 years isn't impossible. Maybe you should have combined the mobile dj company and the entertaining business and come up with a mobile karaoke company that caters to balloon animals who would like to learn how to sing, juggle, and network computers. (maybe "specializing" to this degree is just silly...)
   Anyway, We appreciate this forum, all the hours you put into it and your constant willingness to share ideas. I take my balloon hat off to you!!!!
   I would, however like to see you organize a jam north of the border....maybe we could look at Balloon Jam 127......
Dan The Balloon Man
Dan The Balloon Man
Mack View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2004 at 1:12am

Kinda guess I should have dropped by and said hi too.

thanks for all you do.

peach View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
06-07*

Quote peach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2004 at 9:11am

Hi Dale!

Your site is a generous gift of yourself to the world!  I can not thank you enough!  I started as a Mom with a balloon book and forearm building bulb pump.  After almost a decade of school fairs and Sunday school carnivals I was desperate to jump to the next level.  The information provided here is wonderful and easy to follow!  I have learned more in a few days than I have in the past two years! (sorry for all the takeout hubbie and kids)   Thank you!!!!

A balloon is a smile you can hold in the palm of your hand!
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 12:45pm

Little news piece on me this past weekend

http://news.mywebpal.com/index.cfm?pnpid=262

Dale

Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 10:04am

Wow things have changed since I last made an introduction post.  Over the years I worked hard to develop a balloon show, build better trade show marketing material, have improved the mbd2.com store, write for 4 different blogs ( and yes the writing has improved) I'm now doing Motivational Speaking which incorporates balloons and comedy.

I now have two kidsClapConfused, both parents have passedCry, and yet life keeps going on and I getting older and wiser.  Tongue

Well that's a quick update for now, when more thing change in my life I'll let you know.

OH, did I say I have two facebook fan pages, LinkedIn Account, Buzz and Twitter accounts, so ya, I do the social networking thing.

Dale
mandy View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
03-12p

Quote mandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 11:52am
Hi Dale, it cant be easy losing both parents as you are no longer a 'son'. You have to re align your standing within the family which seems impossible at the beginning but you have a loving wife with two loving children so you are a Dad and a Husband.
I do hope the transition hasnt been too painful for you.
kind thoughts always
mandy x
mandy
 Post Reply Post Reply