Posting Rules and Regulations
1. No swearing in threads, and all profanity must be completely starred out (i.e. "****"). The general rule of thumb is: "if you have any doubt, star it out." Generally, as long as you use common-sense you shouldn't ever run into a problem with swearing.
2. No spamming threads. If have nothing to contribute with your post, please find another thread.
3. No excessive thread bumping. Thread bumping is defined as posting in a dead or rarely used thread in order to bring it back to the top of the list. Some bumping is normal as new information for discussion may have arisen, but if there's nothing new to contribute it will be considered spamming.
4. No posting on behalf of someone who's banned. The point of being banned is that the user is no longer a part of this online forum community and is no longer allowed to interact here. Please note: Contacting the mbd2.com moderators for information on the ban is perfectly fine, either for the banned user or someone on their behalf but on the other hand, the staff member in question is under no obligation to provide any information to anyone except the banned user.
5. No making threads that give glory to banned people. It's not a violation to mention them in passing but no threads that focus on them. (e.g. "Ah, AirHead, I miss him so!" "or Hey, it's AirHead’s birthday!").
6. Baiting or intentionally stirring up other users isn't allowed. Debates are fine, but argue with the point, not the person. Threads with no purpose other than flaming, subtle or otherwise, will be closed It's important to remember, however, that a person disagreeing with your opinion is *not* trolling. Try to keep it civil even if you're sure the other person is wrong.
7. No troll/flame sock posting. Gimmick or humor sock posting is okay, but evil sock posting (ban circumvention, flaming someone "anonymously," etc.) is not allowed. Please note, this also includes creating socks to flame yourself as well as others. Any inappropriate sock usage can lead to a ban on both the sock and the main user account.
8. Do not attempt to correct a poster as if you were a Moderator. Being helpful is fine and community is encouraged, but if you have a problem with a post, contact a Moderator via PM rather than attempting to "fix" the situation yourself.
9. The rules for signatures are as follows: Automatic signatures (edited from here) have a 100 character limit, just like it says when you enter it. Minor linking is allowed by typing out the URL, but it counts towards the character limit. Manual signatures are allowed, but the goal is for signatures that want a little bit or color or pizazz and not for huge diatribes or paragraphs.
10. Please do not use the Link Image [image=] feature to direct-link to any photos that aren't a) hosted on your own storage or b) from a major site (yahoo.com, CNN.com) or c) from another site that's said it's okay (e.g. a dedicated picture site). Bandwidth leeching can happen, so please respect the smaller sites by linking via the [link=] feature rather than the [image=] feature of Link Image. Direct linking URL's are always fine, so long as they conform to the other rules of the mbd2.com. (NOTE: Online comic sites [e.g. Dilbert, Penny Arcade, etc.] prefer links to the whole comic page, rather than just the comic itself.) And, as always, please remember that you are responsible for your own image links if the pics get switched on you. The mbd2.com Administration reserves the right to remove image links upon request from the owner of a linked site.
11. You are not allowed to post another user's picture or any other personal information on the mbd2.com forum without that user's express consent.
12. Private messages are just that: private. They may not be re posted without the express permission of the sender. Private messages may be re-posted by members of the Administration in private forums without permission for official purposes.
13. Private messages are held to the same standards as normal posts, and are not exempt from the rules. While we do not perform random checks of private messages, administrators have the ability to check private messages when there is a complaint or probable cause. Any rule violations in private messages that result in complaints may led to administrative action against the sender. Also, the contents of your profile should follow the rules of mbd2.com forum (where applicable).
14. Account sharing is not allowed no matter what the circumstances are.