mbd2.com Forum Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Balloon Entertainer's Post & Tips > Balloon Instructions
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   StoreStore  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery  Register Register  Login Login

Teddy Bears & Care Bears

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Punkin View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
02-12

Quote Punkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2007 at 9:48pm
Would someone please twist a teddy bear from a single 350 and post it? I've been working on trying to make a bigger bear, but I keep making the head too big or something. It's not proportioned correctly!
Thanks!! Punkin
A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.....Chuckles the Clown.....the Mary Tyler Moore Show
chestnutyouth View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
06-07*

Quote chestnutyouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 12:11am
check Rob's post on BHQ from last month
St. Louis Balloon Twister,

Jason Vaughn

http://HigherHopeBalloons.com
Bonnie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (USA Arkansas) p

Quote Bonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 9:07am
Punkin I never bothered to learn what the correct porportions were for using just a single 350/360 when I make teddy bears after I saw Donna Jaffke's version.

Bonnie, The Balloon Lady
www.partypackage.balloonhq.com
www.bebstreasures.artfire.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keep smiling! It makes people wonder what you've been up to. :-)
Mishel S View Drop Down
09-08**

Quote Mishel S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 1:13pm

My big teddy bear

4 White 350s, scraps of Black 260 and a 5" round in whatever color suits the moment :)

With a 260 red bowtie, holding a 6" red heart:

This is really a big teddy bear...

Mishel.
"Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."
- Ernest Hemingway
Patrick View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Netherlands)

Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 4:14pm
I like his looptwist snout. Very creative find. Applaus to you for creating a new construction of a bearnose, instead of going for the usual ones. smiley20

For a teddybear it does look more like a polar bear. I think because of the placement of the small ears on the side of his head (especially the last photo)

Patrick
Ballonkunstenaar Patrick - innovative balloon designs
- In limitation lies the true chance for creativity -
Mishel S View Drop Down
09-08**

Quote Mishel S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 5:25am
Patrick,
it is a creative find, but it is not my creative find. I excavated the nose structure from a Japanese instruction site. There are some very interesting ideas there that I haven't seen in our part of the world.

I'll send you some specific links I think you'll like.
Mishel.
- Ernest Hemingway
Patrick View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Netherlands)

Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 6:44am
Mishel, thanks for pointing me to the japanese site.

I played around with the looptwist-nose a bit and came up with these raw prototype/idea-catching bears

The body is a Tuck-body again, using a Mocha 6"heart as filling.

This standard teddy bear also uses a Mocha heart as body, smaller inflated though.

Patrick
blnsnfun View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Quote blnsnfun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 8:48am
Good Morning Patrick - I liked the way you did the cheeks with the little dots - I think the color is good but notas formal or showey as the white.  The Mocca is a wonderful color!  Maxine
Maxine M Baird - Editor
www.balloons-n-funtimes.com
529 Bluebird DR - Chubbuck, ID 83202
NOTE NEW PHONE # 208-242-3292

Thelma Levett View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

01-10

Quote Thelma Levett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 9:04am
I love teddies! Here is one I make using that technique for the nose and one that is the normal teddy bear but I love it anyway.
Always happy twisting.
www.smudgyclown.co.uk
Mishel S View Drop Down
09-08**

Quote Mishel S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 9:23am
I didn't quite understand how the first one is a tuck body since I thought a tuck body needs a loop at the bottom and you have here a 6" heart... so I guess I'll wait for your Tuck Body Topic when you're ready.

I liked the second teddy bear's body. It is new to me. I like how it makes the arms go down in a curve like a cartoon teddy bear of sorts.

if I understand correctly, this is a 6" body heart where the nozzle end is tied in the neck and one of it's lobes is twisted to become the tail and then the remainder of 260 going down from the neck is twisted to an arm and a leg, connects to the tail, a leg and an arm, connects
to the neck again and the rest is discarded. 

This is a very fast and simple way to create a really good looking teddy body!

I also liked the added "patches" using the marker. I wanted to comment on that when I first saw earlier in this post your "Me to You" bear. It really adds to the teddy bearness of it :). It makes it cuter and better since you only patch and keep for a long time the most loved of your teddy bears. So if this bear has patches on it, it means someone loves it :)

Mishel.
- Ernest Hemingway
Mishel S View Drop Down
09-08**

Quote Mishel S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 9:31am
Thelma, your normal teddies are so cute, hugging each other this way. Good idea making them from different colors, you can see that they are hugging more easily this way.

Are the noses different balloons or are they just a marker?

Mishel.
- Ernest Hemingway
Thelma Levett View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

01-10

Quote Thelma Levett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 3:29pm
The noses are a different balloon. My markers are not very good.

Patrick I love your art work on your teddies and especially love the stitching. The stitched teddy is really nicely shaped.
Always happy twisting.
www.smudgyclown.co.uk
Patrick View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Netherlands)

Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 7:59am
Teddy Bear

This teddy bear is based on my one of my new Pikachu designs. It uses a new construction for the face and the new Tuck-Body for the body. It's also adaptable to a Koala bear.
I hope to find some time to add some instructional pictures to this post soon.

Mishel S View Drop Down
09-08**

Quote Mishel S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 10:27am
Hi Patrick,
I only now got how 6" Mocha heart in the earlier teddy is a tuck body. It's just used instead of the loop for the body and the legs are connected using another long bubble instead of straight to each other. The confusion I had was that I initially thought that the tuck body is a way to create the lower body part only while in these examples you used it to create the entire body part and not only the lower.

I get it now. I have to say that it was nice seeing the tuck body developing over a period of time, and I am not talking about "new Ratattoille to this teddy here" time, I am talking some years back!

I am doing an extensive posts collecting of your photos and instructions (so much work...) and I saw you used this tuck body way back without giving it a name. For example the Baby you made. Sure, the "tuck body" there was actually the diper part and not really the body, but I guess that's how ideas are formed. One minute it's a diper, the next it's a tuck body :)

I like the new face construction. I like the fact you can see the inside of the mouth in a different colors. You can do a kind of a monster or snake and draw on with a white marker sharp teeth on that bubble.
Or draw the wobbly thing we have back in our mouths.

I can see it's a mixture of 160, 260 and 350s, and I can figure out most of it, but the mouth/nose area is not clear to me.

Mishel.
- Ernest Hemingway
Patrick View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Netherlands)

Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 4:49am
Valentine Bear

Trying some variations on overly known concepts...

To give the bear some bulkiness I combined Ivory White 260 with Grey 350 for the face, body and rearlegs. The 260 frontpaws hold the heart in shape.
millie View Drop Down
Twister
Twister
04-10~

Quote millie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 3:52pm
This weekend I made bears for the teddy bear hospital.
They will be on display in our hospital this week and hundreds of kids will walk along with their bears visiting the doctors.

Patrick View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Netherlands)

Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2008 at 2:56am
In the same line as the Tuckbody-giraffe, here's a bear

For the nose I used a portion of a blush 646, since I have no blush rounds yet.
With some alterations this could become a Yogi Bear Smile
Patrick View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Netherlands)

Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 2:16pm
Cub catching his first meal...

Tonya View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

04-13

Quote Tonya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 2:23pm
awwww.....cute!
Tonya

www.twistedcrittersnmore.com
Patrick View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Moderator (Netherlands)

Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2010 at 3:37am
Bear holding heart

This cute little bear is a single-260 design. I did come up with it myself but I also see a style that is similar to Jack Mattson's. Some influence there probably...

Glynis asked for a side view, so here it is...
Short instructions for the bear head:
- Make two small looptwists (ears), followed by a small, soft 0.5 - 0.75" bubble (inside head)
- Make two pinchtwists (cheeks; in the picture one has deflated hence the knot tucked in there)
- Make a looptwist over the ears (head) and pull the ears up inside the loop.
- Make a looptwist for the snout. Tuck a black 260 nipple end in for the nose.
(you're right Dale, technically not a single-260 design  Wink )

Hope this helps.
Patrick
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Magical Balloon-dude - Author, book

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2010 at 12:48pm
Wow! I'm impressed you were able to get a heart shape, black round and the blush color all out of one balloon LOL Tongue LOL -  Oops it a single balloon design Embarrassed  I first read it as you made this out of one-260 balloon LOL
qwinkly View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
01-08

Quote qwinkly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2010 at 1:54pm
Hey, if anyone were able to do that, it'd be PATRICK !!
http://Qwinkly.BalloonHQ.com

If it weren't for gravity, jugglers would just throw up!

Want to know how to make God laugh? Tell Him your plans !!
qwinkly View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
01-08

Quote qwinkly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2010 at 5:44pm
Thank you very much, Patrick!!
http://Qwinkly.BalloonHQ.com

If it weren't for gravity, jugglers would just throw up!

Want to know how to make God laugh? Tell Him your plans !!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12