mbd2.com Forum Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > New Entertaining Products > Books
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   StoreStore  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery  Register Register  Login Login

Decorating vs. Twisting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Impossible Man View Drop Down
Authors
Authors

Author, cd

Quote Impossible Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Decorating vs. Twisting
    Posted: 17 October 2004 at 1:46pm

I see the great books on twisting. Are there any on balloon centerpieces, arches, etc?

Thanks!

Dean Gilbert
Impossible Man
www.impossibleman.net
"All that stands between you and the impossible is a little faith."
Batchman View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

01-08*

Quote Batchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2004 at 3:37pm
Doesn't mean there isn't anything else, but the only book I've heard of on balloon decorating is Charles Prosper's one.

(Which I'm currently working on learning a few things out of, just to be able to offer further possibilities.)
Balloon artists are twisted individuals!
Pretzel View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber
03-12

Quote Pretzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 6:27pm

There is a good design book out on centerpieces (By Pioneer). The title is "Design - principles, techniques and applications for the balloon proffesional." Flower arranging is not that different the balloon centerpieces. The principles of design remain the same. Arches are relatively easy once you know the basics. Check BalloonHQ for centerpiece and arch pictures and ideas. There should be some books listed in the education section.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 6:58pm
Definitely the Qualatex website. ( www.qualatex.com ) While there, check into Images Magazine, the decorators equivalent to the twisters Balloon Magic Magazine. Also a great site is www.conwinonline.com . Both provide good advice and instructions for decorating.
Authors
Authors

Author, cd

Quote Impossible Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 8:06pm
Wow! This stuff is fantastic. Well, I know how I can spend my time away from magic for the next 1000 years. Thanks, everybody!
Dean Gilbert
Impossible Man
www.impossibleman.net
Dale View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Magical Balloon-dude - Author, book

Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 12:18pm

Hi Impossible Man

Balloon Decorating is sometimes like magic, you need either a very creative person to join techniques or a mentor to help develop decorating skills.  Be it a Twister doing Decorations or Decorator doing Twisting both skills are time consuming to master.  Because decorators normally are not entertainers you do not run into them that often.  I would suggest if your serious about getting into the decorating business, talk to companies in your area.  See if you can find a friendly company that can become your mentor(s).   

Dale

Authors
Authors

Author, cd

Quote Impossible Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 7:44pm

That's a great idea. I may be in the market for a part time job, maybe they'd need someone...

Thanks a lot, Dale!

Dean Gilbert
Impossible Man
www.impossibleman.net
Oliver Twist View Drop Down
Twister
Twister

Quote Oliver Twist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2005 at 7:39am
Hi Impossible Man,

There is a group over at Yahoo that focuses on Balloon Decorating called:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/balloondecorating
It's got a fair amount of information in the links and files sections that can be very helpful for those wanting a start in the decorating side of balloons. Everyone interested is welcome.

It's a small group, but growing.

~~ Oliver Twist ~~
 Post Reply Post Reply